Lakenheath F-15E’s in the Lake District

Mozzy19

Today was the third Tuesday in a row where the guys from Lakenheath came to the lakes to play around in the valley’s. Although they weren’t quite as busy today as they were last week when they turned the whole national park into a cathedral of noise for a good few hours. But unlike last week I had my standard zoom lens on my camera so I managed to get a few pictures of them.

DSC_0312_1

DSC_0309_1

DSC_0313_1

DSC_0311_1

DSC_0314_1

DSC_0306_1

Sean

• Like 9

• Mozzy19 changed the title to Lakenheath F-15E’s in the Lake District

According to the BBC the same chaps toodled around Glasgow and the Scottish Central Belt between 500-1000 Thursday night making a fair bit of noise and disturbing the populace whe made the usual insightful comments about being bombed etc. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-60082431

Bit odd they did it over such a populated area. Much better over my house down in the country

Great photos and thanks for sharing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

According to the BBC the same chaps toodled around Glasgow and the Scottish Central Belt between 500-1000 Thursday night making a fair bit of noise and disturbing the populace whe made the usual insightful comments about being bombed etc. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-60082431

Bit odd they did it over such a populated area. Much better over my house down in the country

Great photos and thanks for sharing

Thanks all.
They were pretty well behaved this week, probably due to the abundance of hill fog we’ve had recently. But I had family members make comments about them the two weeks previous and they were hearing them over Carlisle and Whitehaven. So they’ve certainly been getting around.

Sean

• Like 1