1/35 Tamiya Sd.Kfz 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen (4X4)

As I have no compressor at the moment, which I think it caught Covid, I took the opportunity to finish the weathering of this one.
I wanted it to look like muddy clay, but I probably overdid it a little as usual.
The photos aren't great, because I took them a little in a hurry, I didn't even take them with the gear I made, or from the underside of the vehicle, because I added some helmets and canvas but I'll probably take something better. The good thing is that in addition to having removed the laziness a little... I eliminated another one from the shame list!

20220118-144345.jpg

20220118-144416.jpg

20220118-144432.jpg

20220118-144505.jpg

20220118-144541.jpg

Anyway, I hope someone likes it.

Cheers

LM

• Like 28

Thank you very much Stef for your opinion! I must say that I wasn't expecting many more, as they are usually very rare in my threads, so I think I'll finish my contribution here and dedicate myself to the bench only.

Anyway, here are the final photos.
20220120-103851.jpg

20220120-103908.jpg

20220120-103919.jpg

20220120-103934.jpg

20220120-103944.jpg

20220120-104539.jpg

20220120-104553.jpg

20220120-104620.jpg

20220120-104635.jpg

20220120-104656.jpg

20220120-104733.jpg

20220120-104743.jpg

20220120-104832.jpg

20220120-104844.jpg

20220120-104916.jpg

20220120-104946.jpg

The Lazy modeler was here... or maybe not...

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Thank you very much Stef for your opinion! I must say that I wasn't expecting many more, as they are usually very rare in my threads, so I think I'll finish my contribution here and dedicate myself to the bench only.

Anyway, here are the final photos.
20220120-103851.jpg

20220120-103908.jpg

20220120-103919.jpg

20220120-103934.jpg

20220120-103944.jpg

20220120-104539.jpg

20220120-104553.jpg

20220120-104620.jpg

20220120-104635.jpg

20220120-104656.jpg

20220120-104733.jpg

20220120-104743.jpg

20220120-104832.jpg

20220120-104844.jpg

20220120-104916.jpg

20220120-104946.jpg

The Lazy modeler was here... or maybe not...

Do keep posting. I enjoy reading your tips and musings and looking at your work. 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That’s a good one, LM. I like the faded cross on the engine grill and the battered old jerrycan. Congratulations on finishing one!

What are the objects on the front of the vehicle?

Thanks for your appreciation Bertie, means a lot to me! It wasn't as good as I expected, but never does.

These objects are smoke dischargers. German armored cars were sometimes fitted with racks of smoke screen canisters/bottles either mounted on the fenders or on the front glacial plates.

Cheers

LM

Edited by Lazy Modeller

18 hours ago, vytautas said:

Gotta agree with what others have said Paulo, this is top-notch work!

Vytautas

Do you really meant that? By heart? :clap:

My opinion is that it isn't that much, but I also didn't want to add too many tones to maintain the desert color and dry relief of the lumps of sand clinging to the vehicle, and the rather worn look of the paintwork in a desert setting without having to much chipping overall. Anyway glad you liked.
Cheers
LM

15 hours ago, Maginot said:

Looks great. The mud works for me.

Thank! For me too! Appreciated your opinion!

Cheers

LM

• Like 2

Works for me. Nice photos that show the whole vehicle not a bunch of macro shots showing how good a modeller is at recreating 4mm bolts at 1/35. A kit that's brought me pleasure a few times over the years, still soldiering on. 

Cheers - Andrew

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tigerausfb said:

Works for me. Nice photos that show the whole vehicle not a bunch of macro shots showing how good a modeller is at recreating 4mm bolts at 1/35. A kit that's brought me pleasure a few times over the years, still soldiering on. 

Cheers - Andrew

I absolutely agree with you. As a rule, I usually photograph my models so that they can be seen well in their entirety, with good lighting, so that all possible errors are visible, and that could be perfectly hidden, especially in low light and that I don't want. The main goal of this is to show our work and try to improve, and that goes also with the errors we make.
This serves not only to show everyone, of course, but mainly for me to be able to see if everything went well. My eyes are getting worse and worse due to age and diabetes, so I do it this way and watch the result on a big TV, it's the only way to see really well.
I also agree with the kit. It is a very funny and appealing vehicle that gives much pleasure to build..
I'm glad you liked. Many thanks for your comment.

Cheers
LM

10 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

I absolutely agree with you. As a rule, I usually photograph my models so that they can be seen well in their entirety, with good lighting, so that all possible errors are visible, and that could be perfectly hidden, especially in low light and that I don't want. The main goal of this is to show our work and try to improve, and that goes also with the errors we make.

Cheers
LM

Yes sorry that is my own soap box that I take full responsibility for ;)  Ergo: Are we modelling to take nice macro photos of small areas or are we making a scale model of the real vehicle with as much realism was each of us sees or interprets and is equipped to model. It seemed to me 10-15 years ago that it became less about the whole model and more about how well someone could operate a camera and lighting and we lost the holistic part of modelling. I could be talking billycocks of course and obviously some people like to work on their photography as well as making fantastic models. 

Cheers - Andrew

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tigerausfb said:

Yes sorry that is my own soap box that I take full responsibility for ;)  Ergo: Are we modelling to take nice macro photos of small areas or are we making a scale model of the real vehicle with as much realism was each of us sees or interprets and is equipped to model. It seemed to me 10-15 years ago that it became less about the whole model and more about how well someone could operate a camera and lighting and we lost the holistic part of modelling. I could be talking billycocks of course and obviously some people like to work on their photography as well as making fantastic models. 

Cheers - Andrew

Google translator didn't understand your point, but I think I got it. and I don't think you're right, or at least entirely, otherwise we'll see.
The first kit I made was an airplane, which still came in a bag, with glue, etc. I was about 7 years old, and I played with him until he broke apart, because at the time we rarely had toys, and basically the ones we had were made by us, let alone there was not even TV and yes I am that old. Much later, around the 70's, I started to build models more continuously, and they were difficult to get, and very expensive, at least for what I was earning at the time.
And there was no internet, no books or other references, there wasn't the multiplicity of models that are currently available, as well as tools, information sources, paints and other products that currently exist.
What I mean is that times have changed, and that's a good thing, the ways of building kits and finishing them, have radically changed, and with that some people's goals too.
I take pleasure in gluing the parts little by little until the vehicle is assembled, from then on the interest wanes a little because the final stages don't give me the same pleasure, it's just a stage to finish the build. In other words, my maximum pleasure is intrinsically in the construction itself, but that's me of course.
Of course I'll take some pictures during the construction because it's the best way I have to control the quality. More would not do! I have been photographing since I was little, as an amateur photographer, mainly of nature, and yes I also do and have macro lenses, and this hobby has made me have a better view of our world over the years, by training my eyes to what surrounds us, the details that most don't see, don't want to see, or don't care about, not to mention the current zombies that don't even know they exist.
And at the end of the construction, the photos that I take, in addition to being used to see if everything is OK, serve as a souvenir for the archive, because some of the models will maybe have some accidents and will disappear over the years, and it is a way of keeping the record, something that when I started was unthinkable to happen. Oh and I Use current cell phones not the cameras for the effect not the cameras gear.
Of course, with the changes of time, the way of building, the techniques, the objectives have changed. And I'm still learning and trying to absorb those techniques, because I like to learn.
But that doesn't mean that people's interest is gone. Or just changed, at least for some. If some like me continue to enjoy building just out of the box, others prefer to add after markets, to improve the models with more detail, and try to add more realism, many with other objectives, such as exhibitions and contests. Will they not also delight in building? I'm assuming so, but that's me.
What really interests me in the midst of all this is to continue to take my pleasure in the builds I make, when I am in the right mood for it, as for the others, everyone is free to do what they want.
Personally, I really like to see and appreciate these models. I have no problem in that sense, and everyone is free to do what they want, as long as it doesn't conflict with the freedoms of others.

Cheers
Lazy modeler was here!