Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.IIa

8 hours ago, Calum said:

Excellent work.  I've just built eh IA and really enjoyed it 

Thanks Calum I plan to build a few more Spitfire kits in the future 👍 

It turns out very professional! That’s my taste! Nothing overdone…, looks very realistic to my eyes. Very nice backdrop there. The perspective could be a little more from the bottom. So then you can’t differentiate if it’s real or a model. Hope you don’t mind!

thx for sharing 

Andy 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

It turns out very professional! That’s my taste! Nothing overdone…, looks very realistic to my eyes. Very nice backdrop there. The perspective could be a little more from the bottom. So then you can’t differentiate if it’s real or a model. Hope you don’t mind!

thx for sharing 

Andy 

Thanks Andy and I agree the pic's would definitely benefit from being taken at ground level something I will remember for my next build 🙂👍

• Like 1

What the others have said! My all-time favorite Mk IIa! In case you weren't aware of  P8088's history, see the links below. If that's how good your first airplane model turned out, I am almost afraid to see the next one!  The weathering and colors are dead-on- looks like you viewed a lot of photos and did your homework! Welcome to BM!:like:

Mike

P8088's history:

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2012-02-18/car/1941-spitfire-2a/

Sadly, she was written off in a fatal crash. Here's the accident report. Would have been a nice one to save for display after the war, but at least part of her was recovered and preserved. I fell in love with NK-K when I saw her in the old Ducimus Spitfire profile as a four-view color drawing.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/142210

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

What the others have said! My all-time favorite Mk IIa! In case you weren't aware of  P8088's history, see the links below. If that's how good your first airplane model turned out, I am almost afraid to see the next one!  The weathering and colors are dead-on- looks like you viewed a lot of photos and did your homework! Welcome to BM!:like:

Mike

P8088's history:

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2012-02-18/car/1941-spitfire-2a/

Sadly, she was written off in a fatal crash. Here's the accident report. Would have been a nice one to save for display after the war, but at least part of her was recovered and preserved. I fell in love with NK-K when I saw her in the old Ducimus Spitfire profile as a four-view color drawing.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/142210

First off thanks for the kind comments regarding the Spitfire build very much appreciated. But the additional information you have provided regarding this particular aircraft is the icing on the cake for me. Wow this Spitfire spent a lot of time in the repair shop and just kept bouncing back...I'm utterly amazed at just how resilient these aircraft were....absolutely superb. Once again thanks for sharing this information and I'm now going to find a very safe place for the Spitfire in my modelling room. Top man Mike thank you 🙂👍

19 minutes ago, Maginot said:

Superb.

Thank you sir I appreciate your comment 👍 

15 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very convincing Spitfire! Superb finish and weathering.

If only the elevators had drooped, all the i:s would've been dotted! 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim I'm very pleased with the results 🙂👍

6 minutes ago, Tomcat101 said:

Nice Spit! Well done.

Thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍

1 minute ago, Stef N. said:

Just caught up with your Spit. Marvellous looking model, painting and weathering very impressive. Nice work and it looks like you've caught the plane bug.👍👏

Cheers Stef I have indeed caught the aircraft bug and now have a number of kits in the stash 😉👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

I was very tempted by the new, large, Airfix Spit. One day I may join in up here.....😀

Just do it.....you know you want to 😉👍

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, djos said:

Very realistic and convincing work.

Beautiful early Spitifre

Regards Djordje

Thanks Djordje I appreciate your comment 👍 

6 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Oooop, sorry Andy, I missed the RFI - still, you know what I reckon to this one already.  Top job!

Thanks JRK I appreciate your comment mate 👍

• Like 1

Lovely work Andy - I have the same kit which I'm intending to complete as P7840 'Mountains of Mourne'. I'll be very happy if it turns out half as well as yours! 

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1