Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.IIa

So a while ago I asked on here for some recommendations regarding the purchase of a Spitfire kit. It seemed to be a choice between two contenders the Tamiya kit or the Eduard offering, well i chose the Eduard kit and other than the kit decals, which caused me to purchase an aftermarket set, I can thourghly recommend this kit. I'm no expert on any aircraft tbh infact the total opposite but with my limited knowledge I think the end results are ok and I'm certainly happy with how the Spitfire turned out. I can now fully appreciate the attraction of building aircraft and thourghly enjoyed myself with this kit infact I've built up a reasonable stash in a short space of time ๐Ÿ™‚. So enough waffling here's a few pic's of the final resultย 

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

So time to move onto the next one thanks for looking back soon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

ย 

ย 

• Like 56
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

A lovely looking Spit, great build and finish !

ย 

Wulfman

Thanks for the comment I'm very pleased with the results ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

6 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

That looks a bit of a cracker Andy, a really nice looking model, well done...๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Ed

Cheers Ed I'm looking forward to starting the next one ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madmaks said:

That is an amazing extremely well built Spitfire. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for the comment much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

6 minutes ago, Dogtail2 said:

Excellent work.

Thanks it was a very enjoyable build for me ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Edited by Andy J
500 error

11 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This is stunning Andy, especially for your first wingy thing.ย  You've done a great job on this and the paint and weathering looks fabulous,ย  congratulations on this superb model.

Chris

That's high praise indeed coming from you Chris and very much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘. I said when I started the build I would give it my best shot and that's exactly what I did. Now to decide what's next ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Nice job matey, really good effort! Onward to the next one - I'm looking forward to watching it come together! :wink:

ย 

Top work! ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

K

Thanks Keith and yes onwards and upwards ๐Ÿ‘ย 

29 minutes ago, Dric said:

Lovely model and beatiful point. You have a fanย ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks Dric I'm glad you like the Spitfire ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

That is a beautifully made and finished Spitfire. I'm not an aircraft expert either, but I can confirm that it is a Spitfire ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Love the streaks of grime on it, and the photos and backdrop really show it off.

• Like 1

Andy that's an extremely well done Spit!!! Chapeau

ย 

I just went thru your Building jury and as I build my Spit MK I early during the same period, I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling and succeed in the end!

ย 

Great Job and great thread of your build

ย 

Best regards Tom

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MRMRL said:

That is a beautifully made and finished Spitfire. I'm not an aircraft expert either, but I can confirm that it is a Spitfire ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Love the streaks of grime on it, and the photos and backdrop really show it off.

Thank you MRMRL I appreciate your comment ๐Ÿ‘. Knowing when to stop the weathering process and how far to go with it is very difficult but I'm happy with the end result ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

14 minutes ago, Tom_the_Line said:

Andy that's an extremely well done Spit!!! Chapeau

ย 

I just went thru your Building jury and as I build my Spit MK I early during the same period, I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling and succeed in the end!

ย 

Great Job and great thread of your build

ย 

Best regards Tom

Thanks Tom the only problem I had with the build was down to lack of knowledge regarding the kit decals. Personally I don't like the Eduard decals and much prefer to use the regular type of decals offered by every other kit manufacturer. But the extra effort was definitely worth it and im very pleased with the final result ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Tom the only problem I had with the build was down to lack of knowledge regarding the kit decals. Personally I don't like the Eduard decals and much prefer to use the regular type of decals offered by every other kit manufacturer. But the extra effort was definitely worth it and im very pleased with the final result ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

Fortunately I personally did not have the problem with the decals the worked pretty well on mine. Just a couple other things like the gaps on the fuselage and as I notice you did not followed the instruction either on the cockpit assembly ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

I did a lot more of weathering but on purposeย 

ย 

But extremely well done mate Compliment once again

ย 

ff08fd30407d5c059d1bd183310fd823.jpg

ย 

b687dbe83fe6e78e1d1111927da16c44.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

A beauty.

I hope that we have persuaded you to join us on the wingy thing Dark Side.

ย 

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair and judging by the amount of aircraft kits I've purchased in the last month or so I think it's safe to say I will be hanging around for a while.....well it would be rude not to i reckon ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom_the_Line said:

Fortunately I personally did not have the problem with the decals the worked pretty well on mine. Just a couple other things like the gaps on the fuselage and as I notice you did not followed the instruction either on the cockpit assembly ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

I did a lot more of weathering but on purposeย 

ย 

But extremely well done mate Compliment once again

ย 

ff08fd30407d5c059d1bd183310fd823.jpg

ย 

b687dbe83fe6e78e1d1111927da16c44.jpg

Very nice work my friend ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

• Like 2