Modelsvit/Amigo/Vespa Su-22M2K (S-32M2K "Fitter-F") in 1/72 - 07sep23 Yes, she is progressing! ;)

On 12/1/2022 at 9:00 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Giorgio @Giorgio N has found this:

https://dukmodell.com/Preview/Su-17M2-conversion-set-for-Modelsvit-1-72::30675.html

Sadly it isn’t in stock anywhere :(. I will have to stick to my plan ;) 

I think I found one! 🤞

4 hours ago, Jabba said:

Are these what you are looking for Martin? :- https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ED672104?result-token=VgMUE

They are mate but I now think I have some in my stack of Eduard MiG-21 boxes! ;) Thanks anyway.

Martin

• Like 1

Interesting frankenbuild so far!  I'm keen to see this come together.  I needed a lot of aftermarket on my glacial Su-22 build so far and it seems that even with a better kit aftermarket is still needed!  I never realized how varied and confusing Fitters were until I dove in head-first!

5 hours ago, opus999 said:

I never realized how varied and confusing Fitters were until I dove in head-first!

Neither did I! ;) I’m still a Fitter novice. Soon I will start cutting plastic and it will look like a build rather than a scattering of ideas. 

• Like 2

Hi Claudio @Claudio Moura. I started out a while ago with ignorance and naivety regarding Fitters. I was okay about the earlier Su-7 variants and I then thought I knew about those that cane later. I was wrong. However, I now see that there are some fundamental things to observe for each variant. Biggest unknown was about the engines and the effect on the rear fuselage shape. I think, and hope, that I am clear now! When I come to my M3 I will have a challenge because there were few operators other than the VVS. I will, therefore, start a search for an M4 conversion if one exists! ;)

Martin

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I will, therefore, start a search for an M4 conversion if one exists! ;)

Martin

As far as I am aware there is no M4 conversion for the export aircraft in 1/72. I am hoping that Vespa may be able to do one, as I think that the only difference in the tail area from the M3 is the intake at the front of the fin. Whether there are a few other intakes on the side of the fuselage at the back end I am not sure without looking at a few books that I have.

Thanks for that, mate. I have been searching, hoping that Amigo Models might do something, but they don't :(. For me it isn't urgent because, like all of us, there are plenty of other projects on the go! Right now, for me, it is this Fitter.  :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Thanks for that, mate. I have been searching, hoping that Amigo Models might do something, but they don't :(.

I'd say a future Modelsvit Su-22M4 is quite likely.

Cheers,

Andre

Christmas arrived early for me!  My jolly postman gave me this just now. It is a beautifully crafted set. I hope I can do it justice! This Fitter is going to be more Resin that styrene! It does mean, of course, that I can start cutting plastic this week :)

FAP2

Martin

• Like 11

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Modelsvit/Mistercraft/Vespa Su-22M (S-32M2K "Fitter-F") in 1/72 - 13dec22 the nose set arrived!
1 hour ago, Hook said:

Now that looks tasty!

It certainly is, Andre. I searched around for it after Giorgio @Giorgio N alerted me to its existence. I even asked Amigo Models direct but it is out of production with no plans for a re-release. I then stumbled across Airdesign-sk https://airdesign-sk.eu/, who had one :). In fact they had two! It isnt a cheap set but, hey ho, I only build a few each year :). However there is no guidance in the set - no instructions. Never mind, I'll work it out! As I said above, it is going to be a very resin dominant build. It is also very international - a Ukrainian kit, Peruvia rear end set, some Czech aftermarket and a Russian nose set :). 

Martin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Modelsvit/Amigo/Vespa Su-22M (S-32M2K "Fitter-F") in 1/72 - 13dec22 the nose set arrived!
3 hours ago, Jabba said:

That update set does look interesting. Pity there are no more left. Am right n thinking that Vespa are brining out a set for this type of Su-17/22 in the not too distant future?

I think so, mate. If you are interested I think AirDesign had one more showing as in stock. 

Edit: I just checked and it is still in stock https://airdesign-sk.eu/eshop/resin/1-72/18374-su-17m2-conversion

5 hours ago, Claudio Moura said:

I purchase today my Vespa Models set!!!!! Now is wait arrive... 

Anyone was utilized this set? Some assemble with it?

Good week for all.

Claudio

I am using it to build a M3 at the moment. I did have a slight issue with fitting the engine into the rear fuselage, will send you photos.

I have included you in a PM with Martin and myself.

21 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I think so, mate. If you are interested I think AirDesign had one more showing as in stock. 

Edit: I just checked and it is still in stock https://airdesign-sk.eu/eshop/resin/1-72/18374-su-17m2-conversion

Thanks for that Martin. I search that site during my lunch break yesterday putting in all sorts of designations, but with no luck. Although I would love one of those sets at the moment I am a bit loathed to but anything from abroad as I have 2 tracked parcels that are stuck in the Royal Mail system, one being at one place for over 2 weeks now. I have been trying to contact RM about this but so far with no luck. I will see as I do have the breaking strain sometimes of a very soggy Kit-Kat.

3 hours ago, Jabba said:

Thanks for that Martin. I search that site during my lunch break yesterday putting in all sorts of designations, but with no luck. Although I would love one of those sets at the moment I am a bit loathed to but anything from abroad as I have 2 tracked parcels that are stuck in the Royal Mail system, one being at one place for over 2 weeks now. I have been trying to contact RM about this but so far with no luck. I will see as I do have the breaking strain sometimes of a very soggy Kit-Kat.

I’m glad you found the link, mate. My experience has been 100% good as far as the despatch service from AirDesign is concerned. The package was sent from the store on 03/12 and landed here on 13/12. It was tracked and I could follow progress continually via emails that came :). 

Martin

That is strange, mate. I followed mine. It arrived at the international centre at Langley HWDC on the morning of the 12/12 and was delivered to me on the 13/12. Maybe I was just lucky! 

Wow Martin, that resin set is lovely!  It's a good thing you managed to find one before they disappeared entirely!

If you hadn't, I probably could've sawn off the front of my HobbyCraft and sold it to you for bargain basement prices! 🤣  Ha, ha, ha.

Ha?

I'll get my coat....:coat:

• Haha 1

On 13/12/2022 at 22:41, RidgeRunner said:

If you are interested I think AirDesign had one more showing as in stock. 

The soggy kit kat is starting to break. May I ask which postal option you used as I am very confused with the many options that they offer?