Lockheed Hudson, 459 Sq RAAF, Libya 1942, Old Airfix kit 1/72, DK decals

6 minutes ago, WhiskySierraKilo said:

Magnificent.  Those transparencies look so clear.  Are they aftermarket transparencies ?

No, there are from the kit, except side windows how are from kristal clear. I made always my flat side windows less than 1cm2 with this product .

Alain

Nice model, especially considering that it's from the old Airfix kit, and it's good to see it in 459 Sqn markings. My father served on the squadron's ground staff in the Western Desert in 1942 when this aircraft would have been on strength. When I was a kid we came across the Airfix Hudson somewhere when we were out together and he bought it for me. I've just been looking through a few mementos he had, including the Sergeants' Mess menu card for Christmas Day 1942 ("Lots of Beer!") with some signatures on the back. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AWFK10 said:

Nice model, especially considering that it's from the old Airfix kit, and it's good to see it in 459 Sqn markings. My father served on the squadron's ground staff in the Western Desert in 1942 when this aircraft would have been on strength. When I was a kid we came across the Airfix Hudson somewhere when we were out together and he bought it for me. I've just been looking through a few mementos he had, including the Sergeants' Mess menu card for Christmas Day 1942 ("Lots of Beer!") with some signatures on the back. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Thank you, and respect to your father.

Alain

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I had missed this the first time, a very nice job on a tired old kit, I do like the scheme. :)

Steve.

Thank you Steve.

Alain

PS : I always go on the graves, nearly once a week of the British and New Zealander of 2 Blenheim crew, how are in my village.

• Thanks 1