British Airways Boeing 747-400, Revell 1:144 - BOAC

Here is the last of the four British Airways 747-400s that I had to build.

This is G-BYGC in the BOAC repaint.

I'm not sure how I feel about this livery, but I'm pleased to have it in my collection at least:

IMG_5832

IMG_5833

IMG_5834

IMG_5835

IMG_5836

IMG_5837

IMG_5838

IMG_5839

The decals were from 26 Decals, which were superb to use.

The wing decals were from Liveries Unlimited.

Edited by neilg
  • Like 43
  • Thanks 2

:goodjob: Neil  - thats a beautiful model.

Livery-wise I would say I have a slight preference for the original 747-100 BOAC "polished" scheme because it was of its era. But I think the truth is I actually like all the BA schemes on the 747 with the possible exception of the "World Tails". But looking at them all together as a collection even they have a certain appeal...  @neilg ? 🙂

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wonderful skills and a wonderful collection....congratulations!

Could I ask how you paint the white fuselage on your models please....do you use a rattle can and if so what colour?

Many thanks.

40 minutes ago, t15dja said:

Wonderful skills and a wonderful collection....congratulations!

Could I ask how you paint the white fuselage on your models please....do you use a rattle can and if so what colour?

Many thanks.

Morning, thanks for the kind words.

I used Halford's appliance gloss white for three of the 747s, and I used a Revell 371 hellgrau rattle can for the Landor 747.

In the past, I used appliance gloss white for the Landor livery, mainly because I had never used Revell's paints before.

The 371 looks really good, especially with a gloss coat over the top.

• Thanks 1

Missed this the 1st time around, ever so pleased to have seen it now, I enjoyed photos of this when it appeared, would love to have seen it for real. IMHO, she was truly the queen of the retro schemes BA did their fleet in. Your's brings that out to best advantage. :)

Steve.

Hi Neil;

Beautiful job, as usual. I am a LARGE fan of dressing up new ladies in old clothes! And you've done  great job of dressing this one up in a beautiful and fitting retro livery. Really like the formation flying...and the QE gets a WOW too! Nicely done!

3 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Hi Neil;

Beautiful job, as usual. I am a LARGE fan of dressing up new ladies in old clothes! And you've done  great job of dressing this one up in a beautiful and fitting retro livery. Really like the formation flying...and the QE gets a WOW too! Nicely done!

Nice to hear from you again.

I'm glad you like the 747s and the ship.

The build and RFI is somewhere on the forum!