Fifty shades of grey- Eduard(Revell) 1/48 Tornado F3 ADV

Thit

Hi all,

My recently completed Tornado F3 ADV in 1/48 scale. This is a rebox of Revell kit by Eduard with theirs usual goodies to create an Limited Edition box.
Revell tornado is nothing but a nightmare, it is as bad as the movie mentioned in the title. And just like the movie, it requires shades of grey to break of the monotone grey color.

I’ve used additional Pe from Eduard for the landing gear d RBF tags. Finished with Mr Color and Mig products.

This is one of those kits that I will never build again even though I love all Tornado variants especially the Gr4. The fit is terrible, the engine and part breakdown are the worst, last but not least the brittle, easy-to-break plastic. There were more than 4 times I want to smash the kit into the wall and do myself a favor but somehow I got through all of that. The result is not what l’m hopping for but I’ve completed it anyway.

As usual, comments and criticisms are welcome !

B6UO4Fg.jpg

YoT9E4b.jpg

TK5hpux.jpgp7dKalE.jpgif6dktf.jpgGoQpJPq.jpg
h7HoP4w.jpg

ufKCJEJ.jpgqXsG02K.jpgu4xQ4nA.jpg

• Like 55

Wow. Incredibly realistic, superb painting and weathering.

It’s models like this that make me realise no matter what techniques and aftermarket I use I’ll never get near this standard. I don’t know why, I guess it’s the same reason I’ll never play football like Kevin de Bruyne! You have to be born with the skill. 

...welcome to the club mate, every serious modeler has to struggle at least once through builds like this, in your case the modeler won and that's good because the result is worth it...!

Lovely job! It is a tricky kit and I had more than my fair of struggles with my GR.4A and it certainly doesn't fall together but I'm not sure it's quite as bad as you suggest. You've struggled through for a great result, nonetheless.

Excellent work.

The one I did got as far as land fill.

I have to totally agree with you regarding the lack of quality of the kit. 

Dick

For all the trouble it caused you, you wouldn't know it looking at the final product. That is fantastic, quality I can only aspire to.

Thank you all for your kind words ! The only good experience I had with Revell was their 1/32 Arado 196. This Tornado is certainly not the kit for fainted heart, at least in my case. Flash all over the small pieces, the plastic of some part didn’t stick to any type of clue but Super glue.

The clear part covered with scratches and flash.

Landing gear missing all of the signature wirings. I mention this because landing gear in their 1/72 & 1/32 scale do have all the wiring in place. Why Revell why ?

I was excited with the flaps and slats as they can be build in drop position. However, this is the worst area of the kit. All the small details have flash on them and supper fragile/brittle. 

Anyway, at the end of the day, I have a Tornado sitting next to my F4GR2 and I’m glad that I gone through with this kit