IPMS Dorset/Poole Vikings Annual show - 23rd April 2022 - LISTS OF CLUBS and TRADERS now included.

Terry1954

It is with much pleasure that we are once again running our very popular annual show, after an enforced break of two years!

One of the most popular shows in the South and West, with many clubs and traders attending. 

Parkstone Grammar school has plenty of parking space and is easily accessible close to the A3049 (Dorset Way).

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 11.16.34

Hope to see as many of you as possible, including perhaps @Martian@Hamden, @robgizlu, @CedB, @Ex-FAAWAFU, @MickE, and @Chewbacca to name but a few local(ish) folk.

Contact as above for more details, or me directly on here.

Many thanks

Terry

I’ll be there if I can; been before, and enjoyed it.  Sadly, I haven’t yet seen any hint that the Salisbury show (in past years, usually May bank hol time) is re-starting

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’ll be there if I can; been before, and enjoyed it.  Sadly, I haven’t yet seen any hint that the Salisbury show (in past years, usually May bank hol time) is re-starting

Hopefully we can catch up properly if you make it.

I know Mick @MickE is a member of Salisbury club, so perhaps he knows more on their show, which I know from experience is another excellent show in the South.

Terry

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Hi Terry,

Are PSM having a table there this year as we usually do?  If so count me in.  I'm really trying to get to next week's meet if I can.

Yes Ralph, I understand PSM will have a table this year. My presence next week hangs in the balance as I'm still awaiting my leg Op. Some days my mobility is better than others, but I'd like to give it a shot next week!

Terry

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, Terry1954 said:

I know Mick @MickE is a member of Salisbury club, so perhaps he knows more on their show, which I know from experience is another excellent show in the South.

Terry

Hi Terry

We were discussing it on Tuesday night and we are in the process of putting in a booking application.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon Best Beloved and I can afford a short break down in Dorset. Sadly, mater and pater have moved away from the area taking their free bed and board with them, so we’ll book a hotel for a couple of nights instead.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, Heather Kay said:

I reckon Best Beloved and I can afford a short break down in Dorset. Sadly, mater and pater have moved away from the area taking their free bed and board with them, so we’ll book a hotel for a couple of nights instead.

Sounds great Heather. It has a reputation as a great show. Looking forward to saying hi and having a chat!

Terry

• 1 month later...

Sadly, with the price of fuel at present plus a thing the weekend following that we have to attend, I'm afraid we won’t be making this show. :sad: 

Perhaps 2023?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Bumping this one up as a reminder. Less than two weeks to go. @Oldgitian and I look forward to seeing any local Britmodellers. Come and say hi!

Terry

Is there a list of Clubs, S.I.Gs and Traders attending?

4 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Sadly, with the price of fuel at present plus a thing the weekend following that we have to attend, I'm afraid we won’t be making this show. :sad: 

Perhaps 2023?

That's a shame Heather but completely understand, so hopefully see you there in 2023, or perhaps earlier at other shows!

27 minutes ago, Jabba said:

I'll see if I can get hold of the list from the organiser.

Terry

On 4/11/2022 at 7:20 PM, Jabba said:

Finally got the lists of clubs and traders for those interested.

A reminder for known locals @robgizlu, @Hamden, @Ex-FAAWAFU, @CedB, @MickE and @Chewbacca amongst many others I hope!

I have been looking forward to this for some time, as I am a member of Poole Vikings, Poole Scale Modellers and Boscombe Down Air Cadets modelling clubs, who are each represented at the show. I also used to belong to Salisbury IPMS, when I lived in Winchester, so I get to meet a large number of friends and make new ones.

I'm having to cross all fingers however, as yesterday I tested positive for Covid and am feeling slightly grim at the moment, so I need to get that out of the way before next Saturday 23rd 🥴

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 11.18.17

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 11.19.36

A big thanks should go to Ian @Oldgitian, a recent joiner on Britmodeller. Ian has organised the whole show, and we are expecting it to be great!

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

• Terry1954 changed the title to IPMS Dorset/Poole Vikings Annual show - 23rd April 2022 - LISTS OF CLUBS and TRADERS now included.

Thanks for the update Terry, hope you make a speedy recovery from the dreaded virus

Stay safe            Roger

• Thanks 1