One-o-Wonder - Valom RF-101A Voodoo 54-1514 363rd TRW - 1/72

@Maginot @Wez @janneman36 @russ c @PATRICK FROM THE SANDS @tomthounaojam @Marcello Rosa @bentwaters81tfw @72modeler @stevej60 @F-32 @Wulfman @ColinChipmunkfan @Vultures1 @Giorgio N @Tomcat101 @Navy Bird @RMCS @TheyJammedKenny! @Lightningboy2000 @Courageous @Head in the clouds. @cardiff guy @fox1_BE @Ignacio @Pete in a shed @SAT69 @billn53 and the proliferation of Likers :).

Well, despite my downer on this build for a while it seems to have hit a chord with many and for that I am very pleased. Thank you you everyone for your kind comments. As always I really appreciate them. 

The kit is not the easiest to build but it is, I think, the best representation out there. It was one of those builds in which you keep encountering unforeseen issues, including the inevitable pinging of bits in to the smallest crevices in my study. Only this week I discovered a wayward resin nosewheel! ;)

I am am not sure I got the scheme completely correct and, of course, in the absence of other photos despite a long search, I had to guess the port side pattern as well as the wings. It might have needed a little more brown. If I was to build another I would use 13mm tube for the jet pipes rather than 12. 

Again, thank you,

Martin

• Like 5

I can only repeat my sincere thanks to one and all - Paul @Paul Alan Bardell@ajmm, Craig @modelling minion, Djordje @djos, Miguel @Mig88, Dan @Zippo the Zipdrive and @kapam and all her "likers". 

Dan, I hadnt taken an underside shot but, for you, her is a quick snap of it! I probably should have applied more black-green and brown but hey ho ;)

Martin

41514h

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Smudge said:

Hi Martin, I'm a bit late to this one, but have to say that's very nice. Great work on an early camo scheme Voodoo.

I’m pleased to see you calling by, Iain, and happy that you like her. Just imagine if that scheme had been adopted! Just think how an F-4 or F-105 could look ;). It was also interesting to find a photo of a RF-101A in 1963 with completely toned down  camouflage and all markings in black outline form only. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Dan, I hadnt taken an underside shot but, for you, her is a quick snap of it! I probably should have applied more black-green and brown but hey ho ;)

Thank you. Mystery solved! ❤️
\\Dan