One-o-Wonder - Valom RF-101A Voodoo 54-1514 363rd TRW - 1/72

• RidgeRunner changed the title to One-o-Wonder - Valom RF-101A Voodoo 54-1514 363rd TFW - 1/72

Excellent work on that Voodoo Martin.

Always good to see a Voodoo.

Unusual colour scheme & looks like you've rendered it pretty well I'd say.

Funny old kit that Valom & don't know why they didn't get those exhaust tubes right. I need some of that tubing for my next attempt! 😉

Martin

• RidgeRunner changed the title to One-o-Wonder - Valom RF-101A Voodoo 54-1514 363rd TRW - 1/72

Beautiful--Really nicely done!  I'd never seen this experimental scheme before, which looks inspired by the LRRP "tiger" camouflage battledress, and I think was issued at around the same time.  There's a "gate guard" SEA pattern RF-101A at Shaw AFB, former home of the 363rd TRW and TFW, and my first duty station following tech school.  I inspected it up close, one fine humid afternoon.

NB: Shortly after I arrived at Shaw, Gen. McPeak decided to re-numerate the 363rd to the 20th FW, after his old unit in the UK, so the 363rd went into the history books.  As I was assigned to the numbered air force HQ, I didn't care, but others expressed irritation with McPeak.

Yowzah, Martin- yet another wonderful One Oh Wonder from your workbench! I think you did a very good job with the paint colors, and I bet you did more research on them than the people who painted the real airplane! As you may recall, we were stationed at Shaw  from 1958-60 and I got to watch the 363rd TRS RF-101A/C's and RB-66's all day long! (You should hear two of them taking off in reheat- a VERY noisy weenie cooker! )See what their RF's looked like in their heydey below. That's a beautiful  model, my friend! I am soooo jealous!

Mike

photo via Airplanes Online

us-air-force-rf101-voodoo.jpg

photo via Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias

Rf-101-463trw-mcdill-1962.jpg

• Like 2

Beautifully done Voodoo there Martin, love the scheme you chose, I was going to attempt it on my build a bit ago but couldn`t find photo`s of both sides at the time.

Great job!