Lancaster B.III Dambuster (Airfix 1:72)

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Good luck with this one, somewhere deep in the stash I've got the version which comes with the dam as well.

Fortunately not to scale ! :rofl:

Is the dam modelled before or after 617 Sqn. modified it?

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Col. said:

Is the dam modelled before or after 617 Sqn. modified it?

Or does that depend on how much one has had to drink when sticking the bits of dam together?

James

• Haha 4

@wimbledon99 impressive progress so far; my Airfix Dambuster that I hot for Christmas still hasn't escaped from its bag.

Please remember that almost all of the Operation Chastise Lancasterswere delivered fresh from Avro's production line and showed very little in the way of wear, tear and weathering; indeed ED937, flown on the raid by S/L Henry Maudslay and crew, was delivered to Scampton on the morning of the raid and had around seven hours on the airframe when she crashed on the way home.  Possibly the shabbiest would have been F/L Joe McCarthy's ED895 (?, I need to check my references but they're a 2-mile, 20 minute bus ride away just now) but even she'd have had very few hours on the clock by May 16th.

Edited by stever219
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

She’s a big-un!

She certainly is!

16 minutes ago, stever219 said:

@wimbledon99 impressive progress so far; my Airfix Dambuster that I hot for Christmas still hasn't escaped from its bag.

Please remember that almost all of the Operation Chastise Lancasterswere delivered fresh from Avro's production line and showed very little in the way of wear, tear and weathering; indeed ED937, flown on the raid by S/L Henry Maudslay and crew, was delivered to Scampton on the morning of the raid and had around seven hours on the airframe when she crashed on the way home.  Possibly the shabbiest would have been F/L Joe McCarthy's ED895 (?, I need to check my references but they're a 2-mile, 20 minute bus ride away just now) but even she'd have had very few hours on the click by May 16th.

Many thanks and thanks for the info; the weathering will be very light and the 'internal' dry brushing will almost be lost once fully closed up :smile:

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, Hewy said:

Tidy bit of painting nigel , I'm thinking of  building  one in the big and british gb soon, so I'll  be taking notes 🤗

On 2/1/2022 at 6:07 PM, Col. said:

Nice progress again Nigel.

Thank you Gents :happy: 

I've managed a tad more and decided to build the UC before installing as it was a little easier to assemble and paint.

DS05ya%5D

677KLJ%5D

17G957%5D

• Like 11