Lancaster Blind approach Aerial

Olmec Head

I am trying to do a simple build of the Revell 1/72 Lancaster basically OOB (it seemed a good idea, but the little errors and lack of some expected details is denting my enthusiasm).  I making a Lancaster that landed in the River Trent in 1943.  Could anyone let me know please if 1943 vintage Lancasters would have the Blind Approach Aerial, I am hoping it was a later fit so I don't have to drill out some holes and attach it!

Are you asking about the two Rebecca " H " shaped aerials, one on each side of the nose, or the single pole type Lorenz Blind Approach aerial on the bottom of the rear fuselage?

Chris

Thanks Chris it is the long pole type aerial at the rear that I am looking at.  I have filled the Rebecca aerial holes in,  one because they were a 1945 addition as I understand it and two the Revell representations are a bit agricultural.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ossington said:

Dunno. You best bet is to look for photos of other Lancasters built around and prior to 6/6/43. 61 Sqn Syerston, DV232, QR-K. I've only ever seen the one photo of it. Hopefully someone on here might help to zone it down.

Yes DV232 is the one I am building, 3/4 quarters submerged in the Trent near RAF Syerston.

11 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Are you asking about the two Rebecca " H " shaped aerials, one on each side of the nose, or the single pole type Lorenz Blind Approach aerial on the bottom of the rear fuselage?

Chris

Thanks Chris it is the long pole type aerial at the rear that I am looking at.  I have filled the Rebecca aerial holes in,  one because they were a 1945 addition as I understand it and two the Revell representations are a bit agricultural.