Armoured car memoirs?

wombat

Having read most of the individual memoirs and unit histories of British tanks that have been “kindled”, I’ve yet to come across anything covering armoured cars. They merit only the briefest passing mention in the tankers’ own books. Does anyone know of any good titles?

I do second how interesting 'In Every Place' is.  I also have a wee collection of books on Rolls Royce Armoured cars including:

- With Botha and Smuts in Africa - No 1 Sqn of the Royal Naval Armoured Car Division During the First World War by W Whittall

- Steel Chariots in the Desert - The WW1 experiences of a Rolls Royce Armoured Car Driver with the Duke of Westminster in Lybia and in Arabia with T.E. Lawrence by S.C. Rolls

- British Armoured Car Operations in WW1 by Bryan Perrett

All WW1 but a great primers to where the employment of armoured cars developed from.

From WW2 I have:

- 2nd New Zealand Divisional Cavalry - Men with No 1 Troop and B Sqn 1942-1943 North Africa by Phillip Deed

- 2nd New Zealand Divisional Cavalry - Men with No 1 Troop and B Sqn 1943-1945 Italy by Phillip Deed.

While during the period of the first book they were equipped with light tracked vehicles they very much operated in cavalry roles.  In the second book it is Staghounds and Dingos. 

Another recommendation for In Every Place by Nigel Warwick.

It covers the RAF Armoured Car Companies throughout the inter-war period but also includes some very detailed coverage of their activities in North Africa during WWII. Unfortunately it's never likely to make it into a Kindle edition and it's a weighty tome, but well worth reading.