Su-25 Frogfoot 1/72 Zvezda

Ramtin

Hello modellers!

For my fourth build I decided to create a build thread to share with you the process and maybe get some feedback or input along the way. 

This is the first kit I bought when starting the hobby last year. Still it wasn't my first build but eventually will be my fourth. 

Capture.jpg

The cockpit is pretty bad as you can see. The panel had no detail. It had a decal but it didn't look like it was going to fit or look good. 

So I decided to dril some holes as diles. I think it turned out allright. 

IMG-9132.jpg

IMG-9133.jpg

As an experiment I decided to see if I can make those hud crystal ball thingies. It is not at the correct location I know. But the actual plastic wasn't very accurate and didn't give me the room to put it in the correct spot. 

I used some pva glue and green clear paint. At least I know it can be done now :D

IMG-9134.jpg

IMG-9136.jpg

I bought a cheap replacement for the ejection seat since the one from the box was too simple. 

IMG-9138.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

I always view these projects as a chance to experiment. So I went all out with riveting this frogfoot. Used dcs as reference. 

IMG-9203.jpg

IMG-9193.jpg

IMG-9196.jpg

IMG-9197.jpg

IMG-9202.jpg

Scribing some extra detail.

IMG-9215.jpg

Worked on the exhaust since it was way too thick aob.

IMG-9222.jpg

Just fooling around with hud cut from some transparant plastic I had from some package. Also wanted to make the edges green to see if it makes it look like glass.

It worked out pretty well. 

IMG-9239.png

Priming done. Will have to resand some areas. Also put the front section of the canopy on a bit crooked. Nothing to do about it now. Oh well. It's a learning experience. 

IMG-9311.jpg

• Like 3