1/48 F-15E Lady Liberty 91-0311

I shall be building this using the Eduard "Striking Eagles" limited edition boxing of Academy plastic, which inludes cockpit and exterior photo etch plus resin seats, wheels and cans.

20220116_180551

Two Bob's decals for the airframe identity and also perhaps for the stencils.  It was hard to choose a specific aircraft from the decal sheet but I like the Twin Towers "Never Forget" logo which was also carried on the port nose.

I'm saving my Academy F-15C MSIP boxing for later in the year but also have an Academy "Seymour Johnson" which might make an appearance in this GB - well, plenty of other aircraft to choose from on the decals.

Mike

• Like 9

Cool subject choice Mike. US types are not my usual subject of interest but the F-15 is one of the exceptions :) Glad to hear you've another kit in the stash to make the most of that nice decal sheet ;) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

There is an F-15 GB scheduled to start in July BTW. Are you feeling impatient & eager to build this one 😋 or do you have another different F-15 planned for that GB too?

Impatient no but eager yes.  I bought this from a well known auction site for the F-15 STGB (having previously built the same kit) but entering it in this GB means that I can target my F-15C for the STGB, possibly in this livery  As the F-15 STGB doesn't clash with any other GB of interest I might even build another mudhen as well as the "C".

Mike

• Like 3

5 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

It's no secret that the F15 is the best looking plane of all time. 

Sorry if you disagree, but you are wrong! 

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

F-14!!!  :tease:

Nah Yer Both wrong Its The bent wing Vought Corsair ! And I’ll fight anyone that says otherwise !!! :boxing::fight::viking::mg: … 😉

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Haha 3

@arfa1983 my apologies if I offended, my comment was only meant as a simple jest. Rich and others here know I would never intentionally be rude/hurtful. 

@FortyEighter please forgive for the thread drift. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Well done finding a photo of your particular aircraft Mike and yes that asymmetrical loadout does look interesting :)

To be honest, I came across the photo (and liked the nose art) before I bought the decals or the kit.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

To be honest, I came across the photo (and liked the nose art) before I bought the decals or the kit.

That's fair though :D 

Most of the cockpit is now done:

20220126_172106 20220126_171914 20220126_171824

As the etched screens are live, this one will have to be posed with aircrew.  To make sure that they will fit before the nose section is glued together, the two instrument panels  are only resting in place as are the resin seats.  I must have put the etched (raised floors) too far back as the seats wouldn't fit without removing a small section of the lower front sides - can't remember if this was an issue when I previously made this boxing and that finished aircraft is here.

Mike

• Like 9