First in a new "Classic" series: Spitfire Mk.IX & Mk.XVI

NDB16

Early February 2022, we will launch the new Duke Hawkins Classic Series, focussing on Classic aircraft and warbirds, by introducing 2 books. The first of the series is the result of 2 years work and will be a 116 page book on the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX and XVI. Every detail of the aircraft will be show - there are nearly 300 photos - from fuselage, cockpit, wings, landing gear and of course an extensive chapter on the maintenance of the aircraft, including the engine. All the photos were made of airworthy aircraft, focussing on the aircraft that are in original state. Of the 39 airworthy Mk. IX and Mk.XVI Spitfires in the world, over 30 are included in this book. This is the cover:

spacer.png

together with the Spitfire, a second book in this new series will be released as well as at least one other book in the current series. More on those later.

For those interested, 2022 will see the release of at least 10 new books. 

I hope you'll like the result, we sure have had a lot of fun making it. 

Nic

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received my copy. Looks very good. Many excellent photographs, the cockpit photos are superb. Great reference source. Good timing with the Airfix 1/24 Mk IXc coming out this year.

Thank you for the feedback! It is always stressful to see what a new series does, but your feedback is really encouraging to continue the series ! I hope to have another book in the Classics ready for September.

In the grey series, a few books are expected to be released in June though!

Nic

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/25/2022 at 10:09 AM, NDB16 said:

Thank you for the feedback! It is always stressful to see what a new series does, but your feedback is really encouraging to continue the series ! I hope to have another book in the Classics ready for September.

In the grey series, a few books are expected to be released in June though!

Nic

A book on the Lancaster in the classic series would be much loved and appreciated.

Now there's a good suggestion! We started working on the Lancaster, not sure when it will be released, though. There will be at least 2 other aircraft in the Classic series first. 

Nic