Eduard (Hasegawa) 1/72 B-26B Marauder 'Hard to Get' 9th AF

Hello

This is very nice and your paint job is chipped as desired.

Many years ago I built the same kit as "Flak Bait" but I did not realize what I was looking for in chipping, so I bought this new boxe last year to play once again.

The best way would be to find 'Flak Bait" in after market decals but yours is very interesting as well.

Thank you for sharing.

Patrick

Edited by VG 33
  • Like 2

Magnificent work!

How did you solve the problem of tail sitting? - have you found any place for bobs? Or you've made some trick with photos removing support?

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Magnificent work!

How did you solve the problem of tail sitting? - have you found any place for bobs? Or you've made some trick with photos removing support?

Regards

J-W

Probably the lead boulders behind the cockpit bulkhead?

Brilliant work as usual Neil.

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Magnificent work!

Regards

J-W

Hi Jerzy

Here is how I made to avoid a tail sitting kit. If woody37 doesn't mind.

Patrick

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VG 33 said:

Hi Jerzy

Patrick

Patrick, thank you!

In mine Marauder the weight of bobs (made of lead) was that big, that after few years the both main and front legs of u/c deformed and finally get broken... I repaired them  recently using steel needles put inside the main legs, but the front one gets bounded again.... :(

Regards

J-W

Hi Woody. Well what can I say? Brilliant weathering approach and execution.i particularly liked the invasion stripes " ghost" effect. Very well observed and bravely done! I favour the two layer NMF with OD on top then removing the OD to produce weather effects. Your method clearly worked par excellence here! Well Done.

i like the Marauder too. I seem to recall doing the Airfix editing about 30 odd years ago. May I ask which USAAF unit your example  was part of? And where it flew from? Just curious..

thanks for showing this!

Regards, Andy

• Like 1

Just had a quick look online and

B-26 Marauder (serial number 42-95903) nicknamed "Hard to Get" of the 344th Bomb Group. 344th Bomb Group.Associated caption: '"Hard to Get"- 497th Sqdn. Stansted , England, July 1944.

London Stanstead is just down the road from me! So Local Boys! Lol

• Like 1

WOW Neil,..... that is amazing mate,........ love the paintwork,........ the weathering and the removed D-Day stripes are the dogs mate,...... very, very impressive. It is a lovely kit,..... but you have bumped it up to an entirely new level,......  simply superb,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JWM said:

Magnificent work!

Regards

J-W

2 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Hi Jerzy

Patrick

spacer.png

Thanks, that was the approach I used. I used one large bolt (m8) and it only just sits on its nose, so more is definitely better, yours has more finesse than my 'stick one big bolt in the middle with bluetac & superglue' approach!

1 hour ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Just had a quick look online and

B-26 Marauder (serial number 42-95903) nicknamed "Hard to Get" of the 344th Bomb Group. 344th Bomb Group.Associated caption: '"Hard to Get"- 497th Sqdn. Stansted , England, July 1944.

London Stanstead is just down the road from me! So Local Boys! Lol

According to the instructions, it was over in France by the time the OD demarcation line was moved further up. The kit provides two options for this aircraft, one in the UK with invasion stripes and the one I finished it in later on. I could only find one poor photo of the aircraft so applied some 'artistic licence'! It took me a while to settle on which scheme to do, one of the first world problems when there's so many option in the box 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tonyot said:

WOW Neil,..... that is amazing mate,........ love the paintwork,........ the weathering and the removed D-Day stripes are the dogs mate,...... very, very impressive. It is a lovely kit,..... but you have bumped it up to an entirely new level,......  simply superb,

Cheers

Tony

Cheers mate, thought I'd better get my finger out, but I keep getting distracted seeing all of yours coming off the production line 🤣

Believe it or not, the d day stripes are just a wash of oil, I just wanted a faint presence of them. All a bit of experimentation.

Fantastic Marauder!

That looks like the perfect reference for weathering for when or if ever I get round to build mine. Very nicely done.

Very surprised at how much weight it needs & looks like I'll need metal undercarriage.

Martin.

• Like 1