Eduard (Zvezda) 1:48 Hind D +++ FINISHED +++

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Finally got more done, and some obvious progress! Got the rotors weathered and a matt coat on them.

And got the rotor heads assembled...

_snpnn4VByRPsUWaiuGkEQixSSegKKhW7jJP_yIN

GEKAOV4aLtbTd_CEIXBrBHtYQpTn7MVX9phKu7-3

I also got the tail rotor finished...

hm6VBY5ZN7MWtYFjCBncCsXCeGCXjuCC8q1sl_0q

Got the main blades attached as well, and here's how it all looks, top and bottom...

M8LZd3G0JjmIeG6ZQCM1_KNCFNWBVEWVbzpMnW6k

6ORtrYKyW09hdTtM32uWThpqgY13gCCO-WmFOush

And finally, a little dry fit on the aircraft, as it would be rude not to! :)

TI0e4BTRyqB691bi8TnvvJVBWowkUnnqbmebAyQY

I've since got a couple of little jobs done, the gun is added to the front (and still moves!) and the two tails have been added as well.

Next up is making/painting the new pitot, and I need to add some aerials and the doors. But the list of jobs left is getting smaller, as the aircraft gets bigger! :)

• Like 5

Thanks a lot!

As it happens, the main rotors are a snug fit so dry-fit is all they'll ever need, which makes it easier if I ever need to transport it.

No more progress yet, I really need to get the Pitot done (I have to assemble, prime and paint). Maybe this evening or tomorrow evening...

• Like 1

Yeah, unfortunately village.photos seems to have gone to doo-doo, I'll have to find a different photo hosting site *again*

Anyhow, I'm actually finished! Finally got the last jobs done, the pitot tube, some aerials, the doors etc. All a little fiddly, especially with not many places to be able to hold the kit. But it is all done now.

All in all, it was a long, complicated build. Over 4 months, and while the build itself was as fiddly as a 1:48 Attack Helicopter build can be (SO many things hanging off it!), it was definitely the scheme that took the most thought and planning/patience. That's the problem with interesting schemes, they look great, but then you have to figure out how to recreate them! I am quite happy with the result; the biggest let down for me is the build itself, I still haven't mastered seams and the more basic stuff. I'm delighted with how the scheme turned out though, better than I could have hoped for!

Thanks, as always, for all the help and encouragement and advice, I do love doing GBs here on BM. Special thanks, of course, to our glorious leader @Col., for his constant support! Such a great GB, and so many excellent builds out of it, which *is* the point after all! :)

Anyhow, here are some pics, it's not an easy build to take good pics of because of its size, but I did my best. I'll put some in the gallery as well. 

Thanks!

6P_Lg1jmgei0UGCAJh_qkUPaaQjuOtwOhPd7aXed

VQOZV5q28iGXaJKd3LLgsXyZ4afX_IVEx7QUaAfy

vxgs1AelC89rSixJoy00EAARtTEfQpSTlKUrehSE

98DVZsRSTSSeaM3DtJ8apd_GHhXMiZH2P6pDfwY2

fa67PjfAm8gIHldV-i0XAgIg321q9TpkCff0G32O

2JndCVudl02255Hr0-N3ZUA6Fxye4AVt1IcEnKpZ

TZjXE4x7VhzR5ogrNtu-aKvWLmm_OHw6KBJ-477Y

pGDI94oTCryYXG5sjp1bQoQOMb6FA1mcSzCYdYgR

hzvtWpOjVoxoNOgAnc-2Gw2E7JBQ8L9MPde0gZms

x27xIXpJLZVpQfItv4XpLzYLudvpiAAjfFdYmraV

• Like 4