Car Door Tiffy: Exercise Spartan March 1943

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Sorry to hear you're having family issues Dennis. Hope things are resolved soon.

Hello Col. My 78 yr old mother while shopping last month was hit by a car when coming out of a store. She’s recovering but it is bringing a big change to everyones life. 

3 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

Hope everything is ok. 

The green and grey combination is a really nice one and you've pulled it off perfectly. 

What colours and paints did you use exactly? 

Typhoon and Tempest were both Tamiya paints. The RAF colors of XF81, 82, & 83, though on the Tempest I sprayed XF67 NATO green first. I was trying to give it a different tone as it was based in South east Asia. The idea being that sometimes the heat/sun played with paints chemical makeup. Based on what happened in North Africa to some greens. 

3 hours ago, 81-er said:

Nice work on the models, Dennis. I hope the family situation finds a positive resolution soon.

James

Hello James, My 78 yr old mother while shopping last month was hit by a car when coming out of a store. She’s recovering but it is bringing a big change to everyones life. 

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone … Going to call this one done, my third for the year. KYCAGsw.jpg

1NMeEwG.jpg

kLYj7Hh.jpg

and one with the younger cousin. 

Y97iUQ0.jpg

Please feel free to visit the gallery in a few minutes for more photos. I will also be doing an RFI for both of these builds shortly. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 6

This is a fine-looking Typhoon! The white fuselage area and the different underwing colours add a lot of variety - odd but attractive.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/04/2022 at 10:49, desert falcon said:

That‘s a great looking Typhoon Dennis 👍

Indeed it is.  But not only is it a Typhoon, which is always going to be good, but it's a FROG Typhoon.    That's got to be a double :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1