Trumpeter 1/350, Type 23, HMS Lancaster.

Wafu

The first model of 2022 for me and a change in scale and subject. This is the 1/350 Trumpeter, Type 23, HMS Lancaster.

In addition to the basic kit I added the great sets from Peter Hall's Atlantic Models, these included the Type 23 Etch set, the Update resin and brass for the Sea Ceptor upgrade (including a Wildcat helicopter) and a brass barrel for the 4.5 gun. To allow me to pick the ship I wanted I also added the decals from Atlantic with a set of deck markings finishing it off.   

Getting the correct grey for the current RN ships was made easy by using Sovereign Hobbies Colourcoats Paints and because i wanted no mistakes I used the recommended Thinnner from Sovereign. I have to say it was brilliant, the guidelines were followed and the paint went down a dream with minimal drying time, awesome paint.

It has no below waterline detail because its going on a seascape.

Thanks to two very helpful members on the forum, ExFAAWAFU and Fishbed a type 45 is in the wings ready to be tackled.

IMG_2922

IMG_2924

IMG_2926

IMG_2927

Thanks for looking.

Further addition with a sea scape. Had a nightmare using modelling clay and Modgepoge, lesson learned, never again.

CF644EB3-3896-427F-A9E3-CECA8BFDAF52

So here is my Polyfiller and acrylic painted base with Delux materials water.

3E641B6D-3F62-4BE2-BAE5-737C76B5AC68

47AA0F3F-55FE-4B11-ABB8-F8B62E3BDB73

0F045973-7FF8-4A88-BED0-6789DAB756BC

15E35B5E-A8DD-44A3-8A05-7AE90F865137

Thanks again for all the nice comments, onward with my Trumpy Type 45.

• Like 55

The type 23s are one of my favourite and - I think, at least of the modern examples - best-looking ships. This is such a good build that if you can nail the seascape, it would look like photo of the real thing. I'd be tempted to put this in a dry dock setting, but that's mainly as I find the hull form particularly pleasing on the ol' eyeballs.

Great job!

David

• Like 1

Really nice work, the detail is excellent and all very neat. I like the type 23s, although they are towards the end of their service life now, some were looking like it as well when I visited Portsmouth last year. Sad to see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...