CF-188B Hornet special scheme for 410 Cougar Squadron.

While there is a buzzz here created by Hornets, I found this in my box of proposed built model disposals. I don't think I have shown it here so here it is. Its not my best as I had moments of grief making this one.  Leading Edge decals used and Hasegawa Two seater kit.

cLAND1.jpg

Shown alongside my recent finisher for the F-18 GB,
f1HqcP.jpg

It depicts 60th Anniversary of 410 'Cougar' Squadron and representing its night fighter role during WW2 on the special fin decoration.   The '964' digits on the nose should be 904. I damaged the decal and repllaced the '0' with a '6' with the idea of repainting the centre trying to make it a zero.
rgeJAk.jpg

Sc8UJ0.jpg

9ijvjC.jpg

Despite everything, I still prefer the Academy kit  especially as the intakes are blanked off deep inside while the Hasegawa kit the intakes are see through.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Those Canuck schemes are beautiful and you've made a beautiful job of them.

Nice builds!

A good friend of mine has designed nearly all of them, he retired a few years ago so the last two (I think), we’re not designed by him. Although I hear he may have been consulted. Jim recently told me how many schemes he designed and painted, I think he said well over 50, I can’t remember (he knew the number of course).

He designed a jet for me that I had approved by my maintenance officer.

• Like 1