1/72 Academy FA-18E

GlueDad

So this is my first post in my first group build with my first kit for 15 years.   I’m modelling the Academy FA-18E VFA-143 “Pukin Dogs” with the Eduard detail set.

51822508341_2b5ea24b0a_b.jpg

Made an ambitious start chopping the undercarriage wells about…

1EB87DC9-2920-446C-A7B0-2F151CCDF942

…and moving the rudders. 

4A0A6B01-98F0-4B91-B6A1-E28C86B1D7E3

Sorry about the poor quality snaps. Wish me luck.  See you all later. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, GlueDad said:

So this is my first post in my first group build with my first kit for 15 years.

...so what could possibly go wrong?

Perhaps you've already said this elsewhere, but (just out of idle curiosity) what explains the gap?  You don't have to say anything incriminating... (I'm guessing the 'dad' part of your name might be a clue.)

Starting right off with cutting out rudders indicates that you still have some idea what you're doing!

Welcome aboard,

bob

• Like 1

On 16/01/2022 at 08:11, gingerbob said:

...so what could possibly go wrong?

Perhaps you've already said this elsewhere, but (just out of idle curiosity) what explains the gap?  You don't have to say anything incriminating... (I'm guessing the 'dad' part of your name might be a clue.)

Starting right off with cutting out rudders indicates that you still have some idea what you're doing!

Welcome aboard,

bob

A lot has happened in the intervening 15 years Bob. I sold my stash but kept my tools, and now I’ve decided its time to do something for me.

I’ve had a very warm welcome back, and I’m looking forward to spending some time with you all mucking about with bits of plastic. Have a great week. 

Chris

Edited by GlueDad
Grammar correction
  • Like 3