Pfalz friends - finished

AdrianMF

Adrian,

Sorry to hear of your woes, but glad to hear it sounds manageable. Good to see you back at the bench and the Pfalz is looking lovely!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 2

I’ve touched up the stripe so that it’s tolerable and I’ve painted by off-black (4xHu33 + 1xHu64) right up to the edges of the flowers and crosses, so that you can’t see the printing pattern that was discernible in the printed off-black:

6295-EE16-7380-4-E80-B36-F-CEB8-AD6-BD88

You could hardly see the two different effects but I was worried that a coat of varnish might make the difference leap out at you. Better safe than sorry!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Well, everything assembled, all the dings and scratches touched up and a coat of matt varnish applied, ready for rigging and final assembly (and probably more touch ups and more matt varnish!):

A8-E5-F1-F6-A0-F8-47-C2-8982-0-C8-F5-FFF

• Like 12

Just been back and re-read the thread-to-date again (hence all the likes - sorry :blush:)   You’re a magician with these impossibly small, fiendishly difficult, fundamentally absurd vac-forms Adrian.   Leastways I assume it’s magic - cos I’m just not sure how you do it otherwise :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Fritag said:

fundamentally absurd vac-forms

Thanks Steve, I'm actually learning to love the medium! The next planned model after this is a Hasegawa F-102A for the Century GB, so that should provide a bit of a change...

9 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Good luck with the rigging Adrian!

Thanks Tony! I fear that it will be time for me to part ways with my trusty bottle of Vitalbond Medium CA, and start a new one for the rigging. If you've had a bottle of CA for long enough to get emotionally attached to it, it's probably a bit past its prime. Mind you, the CA is probably thinking the same about me!

2 hours ago, Brandy said:

Rigging soon!

Thanks Ian, rigging is scheduled for this evening. Although I bought a bagged Toko/Eastern Express Hansa Brandenburg D.I at Shuttleworth in February, and that seemed to end up on my bench yesterday evening instead of the Pfalz (or the F-102A!). Sigh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rigging is done, apart from a few wires that can’t be done until the top wing is on. More touching up was required, to no one’s surprise…

Just a last little look at my guns, which will be completely hidden by the top wing. And I got a bit creative with the coolant pipes to the radiator - this way of doing it was a lot easier than trying to get everything lined up after the top wing is on:

B24-B9-FC3-622-F-4-DDC-B9-E2-570-B25-E04

• Like 10

Well, like Steve I’ve just caught up and like-bombed you.  What you seems like magic or wizardry to me, very fun to watch and no idea how it’s done.

• Thanks 1

• AdrianMF changed the title to Pfalz friends - finished

A very nice result showing superb workmanship, great attention to detail and outstanding paint work and finishing!

Stay safe           Roger

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Adrian both on the aircraft and more importantly getting home from hospital. 

I'm currently going through the same thought process about retirement so drop me a PM and we can compare notes !

Cheers Pat 

On 26/07/2022 at 15:10, Brandy said:

Pfalzies

I missed that one! Well done…

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Congratulations Adrian both on the aircraft and more importantly getting home from hospital.

Thanks Pat. It's great to be back home, and after the past two years of “new normal” I’ve now got a “new new normal”! I must say I count myself lucky to be out and living more or less normally again.

If only they had a cure for building biplanes…!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, mark.au said:

like-bombed you

Now that is a good term, been known to do a bit myself. :)

That has turned out beautifully Adrian, like others, I am in awe of the skill you bring to these weird & to many of us, unbuildable kits. Nice going. 👍

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1