1/72 - Airco DH.9A & Polikarpov R-1 by Clear Prop Models - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Airco DH.9/9A & Polikarpov R-1 by Clear Prop Models - in project
39 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Of course they are, now I've got two of the Marquette DH.9A/R-1 kits in stock. :(

Steve.

Steve, the descent DH9 must appear in 1/72 since not long ago (3 years) I did a scratch conversion of Maquette DH9A (Polikarpov R1) into it.

It is always like that... - when I do any  massive scratch work a new injected kit appears ;). There is of course a rational way to explain it - I am simply finding what are the most missing subjects! :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

I'll be very happy to see a new DH9 (and 9a) from them - but just in case it slipped by, there is a very nice resin DH9 from Ardpol. Probably hard to find now but worth snapping up should you see it. After all, the new kits could be some time away......

Paul.

• Like 2

Are they producing a DH9 or 9A? Despite the designation, they are quite different. Different wings and a different engine and cowling. My guess is that they will do a 9A, given that the R1 is a copy of the DH9A. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Are they producing a DH9 or 9A? Despite the designation, they are quite different. Different wings and a different engine and cowling. My guess is that they will do a 9A, given that the R1 is a copy of the DH9A. 

The thread title says DH9/DH9a, as well R1.. The link doesn't clear it up I'm afraid, because currently it's pointing to posts about the I-16.

Paul.

• Like 2

When I looked through the original CP thread the information is only about DH9A The name "DH-9" appears only in a response of a reader, as far as I noticed, not in any info from side of producer. Indeed, they are pretty different. But it was DH9A, which was produced in Soviets under designation of Polikarpov R-1, so it is much more probable to be issued as model by CP as Ukrainian company.

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Airco DH.9A & Polikarpov R-1 by Clear Prop Models - in project
On 15/01/2022 at 22:23, stevehnz said:

Of course they are, now I've got two of the Marquette DH.9A/R-1 kits in stock. :(

Steve.

😅 Same here! (russian version)... Clear Prop seems to be choosing the shortest route to my wallet this year!

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 5:34 PM, wombat said:

Dh9 is mentioned further down the thread. Can anyone translate?

Nothing special, TBH:

• What's that biplane on the New Year's Eve greeting shining through, not the Polikarpov R-1 by any chance?

• [They] didn't specify the details, as it's not really my thing. Precisely - early Soviets.

• It's not just the R-1, but DH.9a as well. The planes are different, but the general details are [the same].

• R-1 was built (copied, creatively reworked) on the basis of DH-9. I will be waiting for two! I have already started putting money away!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

R-1 was built (copied, creatively reworked) on the basis of DH-9. 

Not exactly, it  was DH 9A  copied and modified a bit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airco_DH.9A) - this mistake that it was DH9 (not DH9A)  is frequently repeated, but it still remains a not true... :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Clearpropmodels/posts/3248872218728588

This year we plan to release a line of aircraft from the Roarin' 20s. Today we present renderings of two models in 1/72 scale - these are Airco D.H.9A and Polikarpov R-1. At first glance, these are two absolutely identical aircraft, however, they have only a few common details. Do you know what are the differences?

272881686-3248871425395334-7277760801813

272813901-3248870998728710-1576916975292

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Airco DH.9A & Polikarpov R-1 by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders - release in 2022 ?
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Airco DH.9A & Polikarpov R-1 by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders+box art+sprues - release in 2022