Canadian Lynx scout car 1/35

Ted

Loving the incentive this group build gives to finish stalled builds. Here's a WW2 Canadian Lynx scout car conversion/scratchbuild I started a few years ago. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ted said:

Loving the incentive this group build gives to finish stalled builds. Here's a WW2 Canadian Lynx scout car conversion/scratchbuild I started a few years ago. 

Personally, I haven't had great incentives, and comments are very scarce in my threads.

Maybe because there are few people in the AFV, I don't know. But I think everyone likes getting comments but not doing them, or maybe because the current GBs are kind of buried in sub folders when they should be open on the homepage, such as work in progress...etc. So much fuzz about GBS and then they're hided... and maybe because of that I'm losing interest in this a little... too much work with no return becomes frustrating.

Cheers

LM

LM

25 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Personally, I haven't had great incentives, and comments are very scarce in my threads.

Maybe because there are few people in the AFV, I don't know. But I think everyone likes getting comments but not doing them, or maybe because the current GBs are kind of buried in sub folders when they should be open on the homepage, such as work in progress...etc. So much fuzz about GBS and then they're hided... and maybe because of that I'm losing interest in this a little... too much work with no return becomes frustrating.

Cheers

LM

LM

Maybe us AFV modellers are too shy and retiring. I do enjoy a lot of builds that I don't comment on, maybe I should comment more, that could be my New Years resolution. Did you fix your airbrush?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ted said:

Maybe us AFV modellers are too shy and retiring. I do enjoy a lot of builds that I don't comment on, maybe I should comment more, that could be my New Years resolution. Did you fix your airbrush?

Even more comments than I do? Than I wouldn't have time for doing the little things I do... anyway 532 since end of October its not a bad thing no?

Cheers

LM

1 minute ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Even more comments than I do? Than I wouldn't have time for doing the little things I do... anyway 532 since end of October its not a bad thing no?

Cheers

LM

Not a bad thing at all, you may be lazy but you are not shy :)

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2022 at 14:35, Lazy Modeller said:

Cheers

LM

LM

Please don't take this the wrong way, I do realize there are several "translation layers" at play here, but I really think you should be modelling for the pleasure of yourself and not of others, I mean we're not a bunch of millennials on Instagram are we 🤓.... "complaining" about the lack of comments in your threads is probably not the best way to motivate people to comment on your threads, but I think you'll find that once you do a lot of "giving" first, you'll see that things will balance out over time! Just give the BM crowd some time to warm up to you 👍

• Haha 1

I added some bits, the light, horn, tow shackles, and bumpers around the inside edge of the compartment. Next I'll make some exhaust systems.

20220116_121223

• Like 7

And a bit of info for those who don't know about the Lynx. It was a Canadian version of the Daimler Dingo scout car made at the Ford plant in Windsor Ontario. Instead of investing in tooling for the clever, frameless, BSA design, it used a CMP truck frame and running gear. This made the car larger and heavier but got it into the field sooner. The Mk II version solved overheating problems and it was used somewhat successfully in NW Europe towards the end of the war. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, I do realize there are several "translation layers" at play here, but I really think you should be modelling for the pleasure of yourself and not of others, I mean we're not a bunch of millennials on Instagram are we 🤓.... "complaining" about the lack of comments in your threads is probably not the best way to motivate people to comment on your threads, but I think you'll find that once you do a lot of "giving" first, you'll see that things will balance out over time! Just give the BM crowd some time to warm up to you 👍

Ted I'm not complaining, I'm just seeing. I'm too lazy and maybe I needed some more motivation, well if that can be a problem I will vanish.

Oh and I think I've give more than enough... I think more than five hundred comments sin end of October is not OK? :rofl:

Cheers

LM

Don't worry about comments LM - some of my builds get loads whilst other get hardly any - I guess it depends on whether the subject is -

1) controversial - plenty of comments about colour schemes on some of my builds!

2) something many people have built before themselves and they want to reminisce.

3) something a lot of people know about, but this part of the forum is for anything - AFV, ships, cars, trains, but mostly planes so they tend to get more interest at times!

For what it is worth some of our most senior "members" get less "likes" than they make posts, whilst others get far more likes than they post, so I guess it is all down to their subject, and does not reflect on their modelling.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Yes I just posted this on your original thread on Lynx conversion "Wow great work. I only just found this post so have you made any progress?  I have the same two references and seeing your conversion it has given me the kickstart to have a go at a similar conversion in 1/48th scale using Tamiya Dingo and wheels from an Airfix Bedford MWD (poor tire tread but at least the correct diameter)."  As I said thanks for giving me the incentive to start a conversion I have often considered starting.  I'm aiming to build it as a post war Lynx used by Malayan Police during the Malayan Emergency. 

To assist with photos of the vehicle details especially the inside are you aware of this thread which describes a comprehensive restoration in Canada.  For instance this page shows full interior stowage http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21839&highlight=lynx&page=27

Edited by dcrfan