THE EXPANSE.

RACETRACK

Hello, chaps, i feel i'm a bit late to the party maybe, but is anyone watching the Expanse? We're on series 3. I'm blown away by this show. Great story and characters fantastic sfx. Its the most original piece of sci-fi ive seen in a long time.

Watched it from day one till the end and enjoyed it, OK yes the story changed during the 2nd,3rd season but was still good... I know 6 was supposed to be last but already seen talk of a 7 the poss being a carry on or spin off.. 

3 hours ago, batcode said:

Watched it from day one till the end and enjoyed it, OK yes the story changed during the 2nd,3rd season but was still good... I know 6 was supposed to be last but already seen talk of a 7 the poss being a carry on or spin off.. 

I think the writers are definitely hoping for a 7th season. Without giving too much away, one of the story lines in season 6 seemed largely separate and unrelated to the rest of the plot, to me it only made sense to include it if it's a preamble to the next season. The one major snag is there's a 28 year gap between the 6th and 7th books leaving 3 options: 

• Re-cast all the main characters with older actors
  • Age the existing actors with a combination of make up and CGI (which IMO generally looks very unconvincing)
  • Greatly reduce the time period in the series compared to the books. Is there anyone here who's read the books - would the plot still work if you reduced to gap to 5-10 years? 

On 1/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, RACETRACK said:

Hello, chaps, i feel i'm a bit late to the party maybe, but is anyone watching the Expanse? We're on series 3. I'm blown away by this show. Great story and characters fantastic sfx. Its the most original piece of sci-fi ive seen in a long time.

Just finished season 6.

First 4 seasons are epic,  5 & 6 not quite to the same degree but still a good watch.

• Like 1