Airfix 1/76 Carrier Ambulance

This was one of those projects I've wanted to do for a long time and finally got around to it. I got the Milicast kit of the Carrier Ambulance, but quite frankly it stunk. Terrible casting, voids, bubbles, blobs, etc. Pretty much unbuildable. However, the tilt was ok and some of the detail parts were alright. I just needed to get the Universal carrier. Well, there's only one in 1/76, which was the scale of the Milicast kit, and that's the venerable Airfix with 6 pdr. Most of this kit's shortcomings would be hidden under the tilt, so that was no problem. The only major modification is that the back wall of the 'fighting compartment', has to be taken off, the sides extended and a box of some sort put in the middle. Interior rails for the stretchers were added and I built a stretcher to fit. Some other detail parts from the Milicast kit were added and then the tilt fixed in place. I have found that one of the hardest finishes to weather effectively is white. I gave it my best shot, but it still doesn't look as I would have liked, but it does fit in nicely in with my other vehicles of mercy.

PXL_20211231_191400798 PXL_20211231_191411615 PXL_20211231_191421028 PXL_20211231_191523484 PXL_20211231_191509774

• Like 23