Gallery/MPC CH-34 - Has anyone attempted to do a Westland Wessex conversion with this kit ?

Tiger331

Hi Folks,

Title is fairly self-explanatory. I am thinking about the feasibility of cross-kitting the Gallery Models CH-34 with an Italeri Westland Wessex since I believe the former provides slightly more superior detailing etc. Has anyone attempted to graft the Italeri nose features with the Gallery models rear fuselage etc ?. I have the latter kit in storage so have been unable to determine whether the two measure up in terms of fuselage width etc. Are there any other considerations that make this proposal a non-starter ?.

Thanks for your help.

• 4 months later...

I have the Gallery H-34, yes it's 'nice' but no (IMO) better than the Italeri kit. I'm building my fifth Wessex that is, one at present. If memory serves me, the Gallery fuselage is slightly wider than the Italeri Wessex 5 kit. My suggestion would be to spend your time detailing./correcting the Italeri Wessex kit.

A couple of years back, there was a Wessex GB here on BM. Have a look there for mine and Hendie's build. There is lots of info there.

Colin