Boeing 767-300ER LAUDA Zvezda

This I had originally planned to finish in the old Lauda colors by using the decals from the 1991 Revell first release.

But unfortunately the decals were beyond use,even after clear coating them prior to application.

They simply would not stay on the model or were silvering very badly.

So I had to use plan b and repaint the whole model and finish it in its last scheme.

I had a decal set from BRAZIL decals,which offers a selection of different 767 liveries,among them this Lauda CS and the Lauda Air Italy.

Those decals worked well and the project was solved.

After completing I came to the conclusion that this livery is actually more elegant than the earlier variant.

Windows are again from AA.

The most complicated part on each 767 was their respective door and windows arrangement used by airlines.During my builds I came across 4 !! different layouts🤪

All paints come from Gunze,the numbers I dont have in mind right now,but if anyone has questions about them,I can certainly recheck the exact Gunze paints I used.😉

Cheers,

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Beautiful work!!!

Thank you very much

1 hour ago, Marc the Builder said:

It's gorgeous. Incredible work. I like the Gulf Air one as well but really LOVE this one.

Thank you very much

3 hours ago, Marc the Builder said:

It's gorgeous. Incredible work. I like the Gulf Air one as well but really LOVE this one.

Yes sir, it most certainly is!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Yes sir, it most certainly is!

9 hours ago, RMCS said:

Lovely finish 

7 hours ago, stringbag said:

Super result Alex.  :thumbsup:

It's a good looking aircraft especially in this livery.

Chris.

Thank you very much

That's just gorgeous Alex, one of my favourite 767 liveries.

I think I once worked out that Boeing sold the 763 with five different permutations of doors and emergency exits before the airlines started plugging windows to suit their own requirements. Definitely a good reason to use window decals!

Dave G

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That's just gorgeous Alex, one of my favourite 767 liveries.

I think I once worked out that Boeing sold the 763 with five different permutations of doors and emergency exits before the airlines started plugging windows to suit their own requirements. Definitely a good reason to use window decals!

Dave G

Thank you very much Dave.

I guess 757s and 767s are for the modeller the same as the 707...quite a nightmare if one wants to create an accurate model😉