"Planes on a plane" - Qantas Boeing 767-300 Zvezda

Finally my (for now) last batch of Boeing 767s are off the production line.

It took a bit longer than planned as life got in the way.

Now here we are again and I continue my Boeing 767 parade.

This is the very good Zvezda 767-300 kit,which in comparison to the Revell version,is more detailed,esp. the landing gear and engines.

The fit overall is very good,although for some reason the kit I used for the Qantas version suffered from a seriously warped fuselage.

It took quite a while to straighten it out.

The other Zvezda 767s were fine,so I assume this was an isolated incident.

Qantas had often painted some of their aircraft in special liveries,so this came probably not by surprise when they promoted Disney's animation hit "Planes" 

The decals come from PAS decals and are of very good quality.

The kangaroo logo is a white printed decal which is surprisingly opaque on the red paint.

The decal sheet itself has many details but as they have no white backing,some of the details or the windows are useless as they will either disappear or become too dark on surfaces that are not white.

Another note to be taken ,is to use any solvents sparringly or not at all ,while applying the decals.Much better to use only enough water to slide the decals into position.

The paints are Gunze,the white for the fuselage was done with Gunze white surfacer 1500,gloss coated with Gunze Premium Gloss prior and after decalling.

The windows are from Authentic Airliners.

Cheers

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, janneman36 said:

That’s a well done application of those big decals👍👍👍

cheers, Jan

Thank you very much Jan.

1 hour ago, Marc the Builder said:

You must have a great collection by now. Superb quality!

Tjank you very much.

Yes,there are quite a few airliners by now...😊

Lovely model Alex. The PAS decals have worked beautifully.

I have one Zvezda 763 in my stash and the fuselage halves are so badly warped I'm not certain it's buildable. Unfortunately I only noticed this long after I'd forgotten where I bought it or I would have demanded a replacement!  

Dave G

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Lovely model Alex. The PAS decals have worked beautifully.

I have one Zvezda 763 in my stash and the fuselage halves are so badly warped I'm not certain it's buildable. Unfortunately I only noticed this long after I'd forgotten where I bought it or I would have demanded a replacement!  

Dave G

Thank you very much Dave.

Yes,the PAS decals are mostly nice to work with and they offer a great range of special liveries.

Thats bad about your 767 kit.I thought its more or less an isolated incident.I had 4 of them and only one had a warped fuselage.

Now I still have 3 Revell kits to be built,they look fine at least.