Devestating Deb

Howdy!

My first completion of the New Year is Revell's 1/72 P-47M Thunderbolt. A very enjoyable build OOTB and as is my want brush painted. The main camo is my own mixture of approximate colours as suggested by the instructions. 

The aircraft represents A 63rd Fighter Squadron Jug from the 56th FG US 8th Army Airforce Boxted England 1945. I have added the rockets and fuel tanks as per the instructions but am unsure if this particular aircraft ever carried them! But they look good to me and i like my Tbolts tooled up, so to speak.

Thanks for looking ATB Greg 

IMG-20220111-195017.jpg

IMG-20220111-195158.jpg

IMG-20220111-195241.jpg

IMG-20220111-195317.jpg

IMG-20220111-195346.jpg

IMG-20220111-195417.jpg

• Like 27

You've done a great job of that. I've got exactly the same model in progress right now (although U/C is up). If mine is half as good as yours I'll be chuffed. Which I don't think it will - you've gone a great job of hand painting the camo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freester said:

You've done a great job of that. I've got exactly the same model in progress right now (although U/C is up). If mine is half as good as yours I'll be chuffed. Which I don't think it will - you've gone a great job of hand painting the camo.

Many thanks for the kind comments 👍

I look forward to seeing yours when it's done.

Cheers Greg ☺️

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Looks good!

Too bad the pictures are so small.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I am getting used to a new phone and Postimages so I will see if I can work out how to enlarge my images.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tomcat101 said:

Very nice Jug.  I have never seen one in that paint scheme before - is it authentic to the aircraft or squadron - or is it your own design?   

Hi, I believe it is authentic to that Fighter Group. Some of the squadrons in the group were overall dark blue or grey with Natural metal undersides. Others had the dark/light blue camo which did not all to conform to a set pattern. 

Cheers Greg 👍

@GREG DESTEC I hope you get your tech gremlins sorted and we can see some bigger pictures. I'm also hand brushing - after 3 coats of matt black on the bottom I'm currently on my 2nd coat of metallic. It's also my first attempt at a large area of metallic. I think it's going to be OK 🤞

Mind if I ask what paints you used?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Freester said:

@GREG DESTEC I hope you get your tech gremlins sorted and we can see some bigger pictures. I'm also hand brushing - after 3 coats of matt black on the bottom I'm currently on my 2nd coat of metallic. It's also my first attempt at a large area of metallic. I think it's going to be OK 🤞

I use Revell acrylics. I find brushing metallic paint challenging at the best of times. Good luck 👍

• Thanks 1

Hi Greg,

please, sort the picture snags so that we can see your model bigger.

Your P-47 looks really smashing, and it is a shame not to see it clearly in all its glory.

I love the paint scheme you have chosen.

Great show! Congrats!

JR

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Greg,

Your P-47 looks really smashing, and it is a shame not to see it clearly in all its glory.

Great show! Congrats!

JR

Yep, I think I have sussed what I've done uploading the images. I'll try redoing them tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind comments mate 🙂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Greg,

Great show! Congrats!

JR

On 1/13/2022 at 8:49 AM, Freester said:

Hi Chaps, 

Images resized, hope you can see them now.

Cheers Greg :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Many thanks indeed, I hope you one is progressing nicely.

Cheers Greg 😊

Thank you - being very honest it's a bit of a mule. I haven't done camo for years, and never done a metallic finish ever. So... But I hope it comes out OK it won't be to this standard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. You have done a fantastic job on your P-47. Very nicely done, especially in 1/72! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix 😃

It's the first model I have been happy with that I have completed in quite a while. I'm also favouring 1/72 more and more these days.

All the best

Greg 👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

That is nicely done Greg, some of the late war schemes worn by some units were striking & yours appears to catch that well. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve👍

Much appreciated

Cheers Greg

• Like 1