1/144th Mikr Mir H.P Hastings C.Mk.1A, 36 Sqn, RAF Colerne, 1966.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, tonyot said:

I was hoping against hope that Airfix might announce one this time,.

Maybe Valom? They seem to have a soft spot for RAF transports- I mean, if they can do a Valetta, Bombay, and a Twin-Pin...

Mike

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 6:31 AM, 72modeler said:

Maybe Valom? They seem to have a soft spot for RAF transports- I mean, if they can do a Valetta, Bombay, and a Twin-Pin...

Mike

Hiya Mike,..... I did ask Valom and they didn`t rule it out,..... but they were worried it might be just too big,..... maybe the Curtiss Commando was a dry run? Even if they did,... it would be expensive,.....!!

On 1/15/2022 at 11:03 AM, Mig88 said:

I think it's come out very nicely indeed, so much so, I'm almost tempted to get one myself 😉! Well done, it looks great!

Miguel

Thanks Miquel,...... I can recommend it mate,..... it is a bit pricey but if you like the type it is worth it.  

On 1/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, Andy Young said:

Cracking Hastings there Tony - very nice. I like the weathering- those exhaust streaks look spot on. I bet those Hercules engines threw out a fair amount of oil!

Lovely job.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks Andy,....... yeah I bet they threw out a lot of everything!! 

Cheers Fella`s,

Tony

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woody37 said:

That looks great mate, tempted to get one of these. Lovely finish :)

Thanks Neil,....... just seen your superb Marauder,...... WOW!!

33 minutes ago, tonyot said:

maybe the Curtiss Commando was a dry run? Even if they did,... it would be expensive,.....!!

Do you have, or do you know anybody who has bought their C-46? I have the Williams Bros. kit, but was wondering how much better the Valom kit is, regarding cockpit and mainly the wheel bays- it's so doggone expensive, I hate to fork over that much money! You  might be right about the size, but the C-46 at 108' span is pretty close to the Hastings, at 113' so there's a faint hope!

Mike

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 6:02 PM, tonyot said:

Thanks mate,...... and nice one,..... oh I do hope that you sent them some photos of the Coastal Command ones too,..... especially the ones with the red titles on the white cabin roof! A couple of nic e Suez aircraft too,..... maybe get them to change their blue?

I send MicroMir all the Hastings colourful schemes including Coastal Command and also advised them that their roundels need to be a darker blue. The latest communication from them was disappointing saying 'kits of British aircraft do not sell well and they have huge stocks of Beverley and Argosy kits, so they need to cut back on costs so only provide the basic  decals. This shows in their latest release of the Hastings T.5 version with only 1950s markings for one in silver with yellow training bands. I have asked Hannants if they can do one of their superb Xtradecal sheets for the Hastings, but received no reply.  Trying to get Micromir to do an Andover C.1 kit, but looks like no much hope by their response!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AMB said:

I send MicroMir all the Hastings colourful schemes including Coastal Command and also advised them that their roundels need to be a darker blue. The latest communication from them was disappointing saying 'kits of British aircraft do not sell well and they have huge stocks of Beverley and Argosy kits, so they need to cut back on costs so only provide the basic  decals. This shows in their latest release of the Hastings T.5 version with only 1950s markings for one in silver with yellow training bands. I have asked Hannants if they can do one of their superb Xtradecal sheets for the Hastings, but received no reply.  Trying to get Micromir to do an Andover C.1 kit, but looks like no much hope by their response!

That is very sad,...... trying to find Beverley or Argosy kits in the UK is very hard and the prices have gone up drastically,...... so to hear that they are sitting on large stocks is very surprising indeed. If they lowered the price and made them available I am sure that they would soon sell them.

Shame with Hannants,..... but I have had similar experiences too,..... even after sending them research and ideas for sheets,....... they went ahead and printed it without even informing me!! One of the reasons I no longer bother to help most model companies! 

For an Andover the best bet may be Mark One,..... who have already done a CC.2 etc.

Cheers mate

Tony 

That's sad news, although I do wonder whether it is British subjects in general that don't sell or large 1950s transports?  I must admit that I would not have considered these a high-interest group of subjects.  I do have the Hastings and the Beverley, but am not too surprised,  The British market still seems to be reluctant to turn to 1/144, even with these apparently ideal subjects.