1/144th Mikr Mir H.P Hastings C.Mk.1A, 36 Sqn, RAF Colerne, 1966.

Another superb model from the Tonyot production line. The Hastings has a certain prescence which has been brilliantly captured by you and Micromir. Just one thing, are you definitely, absolutely sure you don't have an army of oompah loompahs working for you. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tomcat101 said:

Very nice.  The detail is great especially considering the small scale.  I have seen the aircraft at museums in the UK but have never seen a kit of it in Canada. One day hopefully.   

Thanks mate,...... it is quit a rare kit in the UK to be fair and if it is like other MM kits it will soon become hard to find too. ..... they can be found on e bay 

43 minutes ago, Binbrooksumpy said:

Another superb model from the Tonyot production line. The Hastings has a certain prescence which has been brilliantly captured by you and Micromir. Just one thing, are you definitely, absolutely sure you don't have an army of oompah loompahs working for you. 

LOL,.... I like to call mine Elves,..... they are different to oopah loopahs,..... haha!! 

Yes the Hastings does have a presence,..... especially from the front where it looms over you and I too am impressed by how MM have got the look spot on. 

Glad you like it mate,..... cheers,...... I have a Beverley on the way which may get bumped up the Elves to do list!

That’s lovely - you’ve done a wonderful job on it. I’ve got one too and hope that it comes out half as nice as yours. Really handsome work. Oh and one more vote for an Xtradecals Hastings sheet. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ajmm said:

That’s lovely - you’ve done a wonderful job on it. I’ve got one too and hope that it comes out half as nice as yours. Really handsome work. Oh and one more vote for an Xtradecals Hastings sheet. 

Thanks mate and good luck with yours,...... just take care with that horizontal tail fitting! Yes we could do with a nice decal sheet,..... RAFDec or Xtradecal!!  

Beautiful job on this fine beast, Tony!  Looks the part 100%, and extra "hard-core" points for applying decals to represent the deice weep holes at the wing leading edge--in 1/144!  It's like a Valetta with two extra engines and 20 additional feet of fuselage...

• Like 1

You have done a really nice job on that one and its made me look forward forward to building mine.

I am really into Hastings at present, built two Welsh Models last year with a third underconstruction so I will be able to represent the various uses and liveries of its long service life.

Pity it didn't make it to the Dark Earth/Mid-stone scheme - a what if perhaps!

Vincent

• Like 1

Another cracking model Tony, lovely work again!

The Hastings is in my all time top 5 favourite aeroplanes, mainly I think because of my late dad's stories of flying to Egypt in one during his R.A.F. days. And despite also rembering 'two bob' Airfix kits in Woolworths I don't actually remember ever seeing a real one fly. Really must get a kit before, as you say, they start fetching daft prices on a certain auction site!

Keith

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AMB said:

Very nice Tony. I have one of these to do and supplied Micro Mir with all the photo references for their decals. 

Thanks mate,...... and nice one,..... oh I do hope that you sent them some photos of the Coastal Command ones too,..... especially the ones with the red titles on the white cabin roof! A couple of nic e Suez aircraft too,..... maybe get them to change their blue?

15 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautiful job on this fine beast, Tony!  Looks the part 100%, and extra "hard-core" points for applying decals to represent the deice weep holes at the wing leading edge--in 1/144!  It's like a Valetta with two extra engines and 20 additional feet of fuselage...

Thanks mate,..... yes I was impressed by those leading edge decals too and spot on,..... a bigger Valetta,.... but without the step in the cargo bay! Bugger to get over carrying a 100lb Bergan and a parachute I`ve been told.

15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks fantastic Tony, really catches the look of them well. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve,..... just imagine a RNZAF one in your collection!!!

9 hours ago, Viking said:

Oooh that is lovely! I think I might need to add one to my collection of RAF transports.

Big aeroplane for a tail dragger, full of character!

Cheers

John

Thanks John,..... yeah nice big tail dragger,..... yummy!!

6 hours ago, Rupert said:

You have done a really nice job on that one and its made me look forward forward to building mine.

I am really into Hastings at present, built two Welsh Models last year with a third underconstruction so I will be able to represent the various uses and liveries of its long service life.

Pity it didn't make it to the Dark Earth/Mid-stone scheme - a what if perhaps!

Vincent

Thanks Vincent,...... I built the Welsh Models kit ages ago when I first got into vacuforms,....... it was a nice kit,...... but this is very nice indeed. Yeah loads of schemes and I did wonder what it might have looked like in the Dark Earth/ Light Stone scheme,..... a definite whiffer!

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Another cracking model Tony, lovely work again!

The Hastings is in my all time top 5 favourite aeroplanes, mainly I think because of my late dad's stories of flying to Egypt in one during his R.A.F. days. And despite also rembering 'two bob' Airfix kits in Woolworths I don't actually remember ever seeing a real one fly. Really must get a kit before, as you say, they start fetching daft prices on a certain auction site!

Keith

Thanks Keith,..... it is well up their with my favourites too mate,..... yeah Iwould grab one soon,..... the Beverleys and Argosies seem to be riing rapidly in price?

5 hours ago, djos said:

Great looking model, weathering is perfect

Regards Djordje

Thanks Djordje,..... glad you like it mate. 

4 hours ago, F-32 said:

That's beautiful work

Thanks mate.  

• Like 2

What a great result Tony.

I remember seeing the Hastings over in Singapore and was suitably impressed as an 11-year-old, and had been waiting a long time since then for an injection moulded kit, I ordered mine as soon as Hannants sent me the 'in stock' message!

Cheers,

Ray

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray S said:

What a great result Tony.

I remember seeing the Hastings over in Singapore and was suitably impressed as an 11-year-old, and had been waiting a long time since then for an injection moulded kit, I ordered mine as soon as Hannants sent me the 'in stock' message!

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray,...... and I did the same re ordering the kit!! I never got to see one fly, but I love RAF transports from those days and I bet Singapore was a very different,....... and dare I say fantastic place back then? 

• Like 1

A thing of beauty Tony, and from the detail on show here its hard to believe its not 1/72. It's strange that this important British transport type has not been better served by the world's kit manufacturers but we live in hope of a 1/72 IM release one day.

I too am just about old enough to remember the type droning around the approaches to RAF Abingdon.

Mark

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canberraman said:

A thing of beauty Tony, and from the detail on show here its hard to believe its not 1/72. It's strange that this important British transport type has not been better served by the world's kit manufacturers but we live in hope of a 1/72 IM release one day.

I too am just about old enough to remember the type droning around the approaches to RAF Abingdon.

Mark

Thanks Mark,...... I was hoping against hope that Airfix might announce one this time,....... or a Beverley,...... but it wasn`t to be sadly!!

Great memories from Abingdon back then eh,...... I was just too young and lived in the wrong part of the country anyway! 

On 12/01/2022 at 15:57, tonyot said:

Hiya Folks,

I am a sucker for RAF transports for obvious reasons and one aircraft that I have really wanted to build as an injection moulded kit (as opposed to the 1/72nd Airways and 144th Wesh Models vacuforms which I built, very badly, many moons ago!) ....... is the Handley Page Hastings! So although it wasn`t in 1/72nd scale as I`d really like..... when Mikr Mir added the Hastings to their ever expanding 1/144th scale RAF transport collection I just had to buy one and give it a go. Construction was pretty straightforward, although the tailplane took some work to fit and blend into the fuselage,.....this being because there us now a  C.2/T.5 kit available which includes optional parts for the later lower mounted, larger horizontal tailplane fitted to this later variant,.... and of course the kit also includes a radar bulge below the fuselage for the radar training T.5. My model was finished using rattle can silver and white and as the blue in the kit roundels was too light I used Xtradecal roundels, fin flashes and blue stripes for the cheat lines instead. Now I`m not used to working in such a small scale and my eyes are struggling these days, so I missed a few details which now appear glaringly obvious in these large photos,... ah well! Despite this I`m still pleased with how the model turned out.  I`d love to do a few more including at least one grey and white Coastal Command Met Recce aircraft,..... so if Xtradecal would like to do a sheet like they did for the 1/144th Beverley & Argosy,...... there are some great colour scheme variations out there for the Hastings, including the RNZAF ones too! 

Here is the kit box art;

Box-crop-KMW-700.jpg

And here is the model;

DSCF3164-NEW.jpg

DSCF3170-NEW.jpg

DSCF3173-NEW.jpg

DSCF3168-NEW.jpg

DSCF3174-NEW.jpg

DSCF3161-NEW.jpg

DSCF3144-NEW.jpg

DSCF3153-NEW.jpg

DSCF3154-NEW.jpg

DSCF3157-NEW.jpg

DSCF3150-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Wow nice, I like it.

Alain

• Like 1

Excellent modelling again Tony.  Just looking at the photos i would swear that I was looking at a 1/72 scale model.  I have the 1/72 vac form version in the store unless the plastic has degraded. I remeber seeing one in the static line up at Coltishall in the 60's.

Colin

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Excellent modelling again Tony.  Just looking at the photos i would swear that I was looking at a 1/72 scale model.  I have the 1/72 vac form version in the store unless the plastic has degraded. I remeber seeing one in the static line up at Coltishall in the 60's.

Colin

Cheers Colin,........ 1/72nd?........ really??........ well that is nice of you, thanks. 

I have built one of the 1/72nd vacuforms and have another to build,........ the first was OK for its day for me,........ I`ll have to get around to building the second,....... but remember to put in a wing spar as the first one is very,...... well,...... floppy!! 

I never got to see an operational Hastings unfortunately,..... but have met plenty of people who operated,..... and operated from,.... them. 

5 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Another cracker Tony , i am digging out my 1.72nd Forma plane vac kit right now.  :goodjob:

Thanks Keith,..... good luck with your 1/72nd kit,..... I think the plastic on mine may have gone a bit fragile,........ I hope yours is better.