HobbyBoss TA-152 C-11 1/48

Here today I have my build of the hobbyboss TA-152 C-11 in 1/48th scale. This kit was relatively in-expensive but I must say was good value for money. The kit went together without many issues and only required minimal sanding and filling. I used exclusively Mr Hobby Aqueous paints for this build and I must say the paint went down flawlessly. Im not sure about the realistic aspect of the shades but I'm satisfied with the end results. I wanted to achieve a minimal ware and tear look on this build soo only used a dark enamel and then flat coated. I used a mixture of Tamiya's smoke and Mr Hobby flat black to create the exhaust stains effect.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done. :goodjob: I too like price : performance ratio of many HobbyBoss aircraft kits like the 1/48 Ta 152 and Me 262 series.

Edited by Bigglesof266
  • Thanks 1

Looks more like an Eduard or Tamiya kit than a Hobbyboss one- very nice colors and paintwork. The Ta-152C was one nasty mutha! Well done! Now you need a Ta-152H-0 to go with this beautiful model for comparison!

Mike

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bigglesof266 said:

Nicely done. :goodjob: I too like price : performance ratio of many HobbyBoss aircraft kits like the 1/48 Ta 152 and Me 262 series.

Yes I have heard great things about their WW2 aircraft I'm was considering getting some of their post WW2 jets but have heard mixed reviews, may take the change soon however, but definitely going to add some more hobby boss German aircraft to the stash.

5 hours ago, MattH912 said:

Yes I have heard great things about their WW2 aircraft I'm was considering getting some of their post WW2 jets but have heard mixed reviews,

I have their 1/48 Rafale M. Released in 2007. I was very happy with the model, and admittedly whilst I did buy it on a (genuine)annual sale promo, also the price I paid. It truly looks the part completed and all dressed up in its warpaint. Compared with for instance Revell's 280 part 1/48 Tornado GR.4 (2015), it was a fun build and nowhere near as expensive at the time, around half the price paid of the latter as I recall.

General comment. Although I'm aware that in this scale particularly they are marketed to an adult demographic increasingly pedantic about detail and accuracy, I'm kinda' stunned at where model kits are going with their prices today. Hence happy with many HobbyBoss and Trumpeter models versus later iterations from other manufacturers. e.g. HobbyBoss' Me 262 (vs Tamiya's) and Trumpeter's KV-1 series (vs Tamiya's). That's not knocking Tamiya BTW, as their models unquestionably more frequently than not set a standard by which others are judged. By way of price phobia example, recently I was looking to buy Zvezda's new tool release 1/48 Su-57, I'd be fibbing if I didn't say I was scared off by its whopping AUD$79 +shipping local regional pricing, and that was discounted AUD$8 less than SRP at the online store which always features the best local pricing and service available. That's even dearer than Revell's latest iteration (03853) of their GR.4 Tornado at AUD$70. Ouch! Just plastic and alternate either or two scheme decals inside that symbolic yellow framed box, with none of the inclusions we have come to expect courtesy of Eduard Profikits such as superb glossy colour instruction booklet in A4, five colour scheme with decal options for same, paint masks, cockpit etch -panels often in colour, or in Limited Editions -resin -or even a stand which has to be purchased as an accessory albeit noting they are not included in the majority of model kits today, At least Zvezda include a pilot figurine for the money!