Hobbycraft DHC-3 Otter Floatplane Decals

PatW

I have bought the above kit without decals, does anyone know where I can source any decals for it please?  I would like as the box top shows 408 Squadron Royal Canadian Airforce. I've seen a lot of Noorduyn Norseman decals but I don't think they would fit.

Thanks Whofan I'll have a look.

I contacted Ray at 26 decals he said only for twin Otter or DC-3.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Paul. Are DHC-2 Floatplanes like the DHC-3 do you think? Would they fit? They have a few for the DHC-2 Float ! 

9 hours ago, Robin-42 said:

I have ordered from them. Very prompt service. 
https://www.abovebelow.ca/s/search?q=Otter

Thanks Robin-42, I've already spoken to them the decals plus shipping are unfortunately over my budget.

Hawkeye Models in Australia has a couple of laser printed sheets for Otter floatplanes - Qantas and (I think) Trans Australia Airlines, maybe Ansett as well. Shipping might be above your budget though. I used the Qantas sheet on an Otter (with wheels) last year. I think Lima November might do some as well. It might also be worth trying one of the Canadian producers - Above and Below Graphics seems to cover just about every Canadian subject - and Oldmodels in New Zealand might be worth a try too.

Thanks zebra for your info. Unfortunately as a pensioner shipping costs are high even in the UK buying a spray can of paint for £6 the shipping is £5.95! We have very few if any local hobby stores, only Hobbycraft who are always short of cement/paints etc and are always overpriced on actual kits. I have imported kits from the USA and the standard shipping has gone from $27.95 to $40! I will though see what Hawkeye has and check out my budget. I'm at the point now of stopping kit buying/building and going over to watercolour painting on a very small scale.

It's OK Romeo Alpha Yankee, I've found another image online and am going to print on a paper sheet to see if I need to re-size it to print onto decal paper. Thanks again.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:53 AM, PatW said:

It's OK Romeo Alpha Yankee, I've found another image online and am going to print on a paper sheet to see if I need to re-size it to print onto decal paper. Thanks again.

If Romeo Alpha Yankee can tell you the diameter of the grey circles, you'll then know what to resize the entire image to.

Cheers!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scott Garard said:

If Romeo Alpha Yankee can tell you the diameter of the grey circles, you'll then know what to resize the entire image to.

Cheers!

Good idea Scott,

Large grey circles have a 14.5mm diameter and the smaller ones have a 11.5mm diameter

On 1/13/2022 at 4:42 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

So Pat, would you be interested in the kit decals for the Canadian aircraft? I have Kitech kit (Hobbycraft re-box) and will be using other decals for it so they are surplus. 

51817918416_1fccccfe1f_b.jpg

I'm glad they made the markings with the leaf separate, usually HC decals are a bit off register. The lighter blue on the US decals was never that light was it?

On 1/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

So Pat, would you be interested in the kit decals for the Canadian aircraft? I have Kitech kit (Hobbycraft re-box) and will be using other decals for it so they are surplus. 

51817918416_1fccccfe1f_b.jpg

Yes I would like the decals but I'm in the UK!

Two sets of decals on their way prior to deciding which to use.

Qantas

RCAF Rescue.