Burke Shelley dead.

Spookytooth

Sad news, Burke Shelley passed away yesterday in hospital.

The bass player and vocalist in Budgie one of the defining rock bands of the 70`s stopped touring in 2010 when he had to have a life saving operation.

They never played live again sadly although I did the monitors for them a couple of times before then, and they were LOUD.

RIP Burke.

Simon.

• Sad 5

Sad, was rather fond of Budgie in my teens, saw then a couple of times.

Havnt listened to them for years but may have a little dabble tonight IIRC Zoom Club & Parents? were my favorite tracks

• Like 1

wow, just listned to Zoom Club...LOUD!

Thats taken me back 45 odd years in a flash.

Ah, those were the days long hair, flares,music, girls & oodles of testosterone with your whole life to look forward to.

Edit, didnt do much any modelling then.

Just now, sinnerboy said:

Ah, those were the days long hair, flares,music, girls & oodles of testosterone with your whole life to look forward to.

All gone now Rick sadly LOL

At least we have memories of those days.

Simon.

13 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

All gone now Rick sadly LOL

At least we have memories of those days.

Simon.

Very trues Simon, very true, but as you say what memories!

Fortunately some can be rekindled with the right music.

• Like 3

Damn.

Budgie weren't around when I lived at home in Cardiff, before I went to University, but certainly from the mid '70's I was more than aware of them.

Never afraid to have a bit of a (n often self deprecating) laugh, with classic songs like "hotter than a Dockers armpit" and "in the grip of a tyre fitters hand" they rocked hard.

I have a painting session this morning, and I know which CDs will be replacing the Beatles.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

I was lucky enough to see Budgie three times at Cheltenham Town Hall, and even got to natter with the group afterwards, all three were great guys.

Burke Shelley had great vocals, and I bought a bass guitar because of his playing. I did not get so far though!

RIP.

Ray

• Like 1

Not a huge fan, probably only know Breadfan and tyre fitters, as they're the ones what get played on the wireless, but good music nonetheless.

RIP

Edited by RobL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Whofan said:

Damn.

Budgie weren't around when I lived at home in Cardiff, before I went to University, but certainly from the mid '70's I was more than aware of them.

Never afraid to have a bit of a (n often self deprecating) laugh, with classic songs like "hotter than a Dockers armpit" and "in the grip of a tyre fitters hand" they rocked hard.

I have a painting session this morning, and I know which CDs will be replacing the Beatles.

1 hour ago, Ray S said:

I was lucky enough to see Budgie three times at Cheltenham Town Hall, and even got to natter with the group afterwards, all three were great guys.

Burke Shelley had great vocals, and I bought a bass guitar because of his playing. I did not get so far though!

RIP.

Ray

I remember doing the monitors for them, they were loud on stage, his bass amp speaker cloth was flapping around like a pair of drawers in the wind.

Simon

• Haha 2