F-86 F SAAF Heller 1/72

djos

Hi all

last Heller Sabre from the stash, quick and old school build, this time in SAAF colours.

Unfortunately after market decals went quite transparent, very visible on the tail....maybe i will try to correct them. All other out of box, colours Humbrol....

Another oldie saved from the oblivion, hope you like it

Best regards, Djordje

F86-F-SAAF-1.jpg

F86-F-SAAF-2.jpg

F86-F-SAAF-4.jpg

F86-F-SAAF-0.jpg

F86-F-SAAF-5.jpg

Edited by djos
wrong title
  • Like 31

Awesome! My dad used to work on these and the Mirages in the SAAF, doing electronics. Looks great, wouldn't mind doing one someday when my hands stop shaking long enough for this scale! Good job!

• Thanks 1

• djos changed the title to F-86 F SAAF Heller 1/72

What the others have said! The old Heller kit had a lot of good things going for it, and the too acute wing sweepback isn't really  noticeable when the model is parked by itself. I really like the scheme and markings you chose. Can't have enough Sabres on BM to look at! Nice save, I say!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Like it! I had a  1/48 Monogram F-86 painted in this scheme years ago, but it sadly hasn't survived - I'll replace it one day. You've made a nice job of this classic kit. Shame about the translucent fin flash, but you can't help that; in fact, the decal manufacturer has let you down twice by only offering 'castle 'insignia with the springbok jumping to the right. In reality they always leapt forwards on the fuselage and inboard on the wings.

Jon

Edited by Jonners
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...