Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 ,10, 11 & 12

Homebee

After the 2021 newsletters (link), here's the first one from SH for 2022.

Newsletter January 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/01/news-from-special-hobby-012021.html

DEM.png

It is my pleasure to use this opportunity now to say our huge thank you to all our customers for their cooperation and support in 2021. The year that has just passed was a very successful year for our company and we hope for no less in the new year, too. Why so? Well, do believe me that all the models we have in the pipeline for 2022 are no less attractive than those we released past year. You can start looking for the whole new family of the 1/72 MirageIII/5 kits, yet one more version of the massive (and massively successful, too) 1/72 Sunderland kit, believe me or not, the first releases of the two-stage Mosquitos are expected as well. The SH team are also working on a new Hudson tooling, and mentioning the quarter scale, we will have for you the gun turret- and bomb bay-equipped version of the Siebel Si 204E/Aero C-3B and also a whole new Baltimore in several versions, plus the Piper L-4, SIAI-Marchetti SF-260 and a somewhat improved Heinkel He 177.  The crème de la crème will no doubt be the1/48 scale AH-1G Cobra kit. And no worries here please, the Q version will be released as well, just a bit later. Work on the Fiat G.50B Bicommando has also already started, plus on one surprise thing, which allow me to mention sometimes next. Our list of models scheduled for this year’s release is in the attachment to this Newsletter. The coming CMK resin sets as well as the direct 3D print sets will be made public bit by bit during the year.

"Our list of models scheduled for this year’s release is in the attachment to this Newsletter." ???

No attachment to the online newsletter ? Anybody has it ?

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

It will be interesting to compare the Special Hobby Mosquito to the recent Airfix kit. I enjoyed building the Airfix kit and did not have any real issues with it, but I suspect that the SH is going to be superior in terms of the level and finesse of detail, though I’m not expecting a full bomb bay as in the Airfix version.

The mentionned "surprise" in the newsletter 2022/1 should be in my opinion the 1/32nd - ref. SH32084 - Mansyū Ki-79 "Japanese Trainer"

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235104579-132-mansyū-ki-79-by-special-hobby-released-autumn-2022/

Recap from the Special Hobby new tool kits already announced for 2022:

1/72nd

- ref. SH72152 - Fairey Albacore Mk.I - thread

- ref. SH72352 - Dassault Mirage IIIC/CJ - thread
- ref. SH72425 - Lockheed Hudson Mk.IV/V/VI - thread

- ref. SH72436 - Curtiss-Wright CW-21 Demon - thread

- ref. SH72457 - Bugatti-De Monge 100P - just releasedthread

- ref. SH72471 - Aero Ab-11 - thread

- ref. SH72452 - de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito PR.Mk.XVI - thread

1/48th

- ref. SH48160 - Martin Baltimore Mk.I/II - thread

- ref. SH48202 - Bell AH-1G/Q Cobra - thread

- ref. SH48218 - Piper L-4 Grasshopper - thread

- ref. SH48219 - Bugatti-De Monge 100P - thread
- ref. SH48220 - Piper J-3 Cub - thread

- ref. SH48222 - Piper L-4 Cub - "in Post-War Service" - thread
- ref. SH48221 - Potez 631 - thread - or rebox from AZUR kit ?

- ref. SH48??? - SIAI-Marchetti SF.260M/AM/D/W - thread

- ref. SH48??? - SIAI-Marchetti SF.260TP -  thread

1/32nd
- ref. SH32084 - Mansyū Ki-79 - thread

New 1/32nd major variant

- ref. SH32083 - Fiat G.50B Bicomando - thread

Not mentioned the long pending SH new tool projects:

- 1/72 - ref. SH72164 - Douglas A-1F Skyraider - thread

- 1/72 - ref. SH72389 - FMA IA-58 Pucará - thread

- 1/48 - ref. SH482?? - Dassault Super Mystère B2 - thread

- 1/32 - ref. SH32046 - Hawker Typhoon Mk.I  - car door - thread

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01 & 02

Newsletter February 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/02/news-from-special-hobby-022022.html

SH2.png

In early January it still looked like we might be going to attend the Nuremberg Toy and Model Fair. Unfortunately, the fair was cancelled once again. So, we took the oportunity and decided to arrange our own Nuremberg Online information campaign at Specialhobby.eu website.  Every day from 2 February to 8 February, we published information about our upcoming models and sets. You may not have noticed this event of course, so just head over to Special Hobby Blog, all the important and interesting information is and will be kept there for you. Well and if you did notice this online event, perfect, you make our day. If there is anything you might like to know about the upcoming stuff, do not hesitate and get in touch with our sales department colleagues (applies to distributors, traders, journalists) and they will be more than happy to provide you with further information, photographs etc. 
This month, we are going to re-release two earlier models which you have been still asking for, these being the SH72270 Tachikawa Ki-54 Hei and SH72447 Harvard Mk.II/IIA/IIB. Two is also the number of the new plastic model kits released this month, which is the SH72445 Tachikawa Ki-54 Otsu – a different version of the sleek Japanese twin-engined aeroplane and the  SH72415 Vautour IIB which was the first French jet bomber. 
Among the sets to be released this month you can find the 1/35 P35002 Small Arms for the Volkssturm Set II., or in the resin cast sets there will be a rather colourful mix of a 1/48 figure, 1/35 armament set, 1/72 and 1/48 aircraft-related sets – of which the most interesting will be the 1/72 7489 Beaufighter Mk.II designed for Airfix´s Mk.10 Beaufighter kit, or even a set containing a tiny metal-made chain, suitable most of all for 1/72 and 1/48 scales.

V.P.

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01, 02 & 03

Newsletter March 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/03/news-from-special-hobby-032022.html

03.png

Last month and at this very spot, I was writing about the Nuremberg Model and Toy Fair not taking place again. I had the feeling that that was a really serious problem which affected the model business as well as the modelling community as a whole. Today, however, everything is completely different. Serious events have happened and suddenly the mere fact that some toy fair did not take place seems to be completely irrelevant. A war has broken offut  less than a thousand kilometers away. Putin's Russia, along with that its subordinate dictator Lukashenko, shamelessly invaded Ukraine, an independent and free state, under the bizarre pretext of de-nazification and demilitarization. In an effort to build a new empire within the borders of the former Soviet Union, Putin has treaded in the footsteps of past evil leaders destroying Russia. He and his oligarchs are only getting rich, ordinary Russians on the other hand are only poorer and poorer every single day. To divert attention from his deeds, Putin only blames both the enemies abroad the domestic opposition. His expansionism only seems to copy Hitler and Stalin. And on top of that, Putin also scars the world with his nukes. Even in my worst dreams, I was not able to imagine anything resembling the current situation.
 The fact that the people of Ukraine have stood up to the agression and keeps fighting off the enemy hoards is incredible and admirable at the same moment. The whole of Europe backs Ukraine. I hope that Ukraine will keep resisting the enemy machinery, that justice will prevail and that the freedom of Ukraine and her people will win eventually. If not, we all will gradually lose our freedom too. And just believe me that the people here in Central Europe keep very well the memoriwa of what it was to lose their freedom to the Kremlin and the frost coming from the East.
The people of Czechoslovakia experienced such tragic events back in 1968. It is already clear now that the price we all will have to pay for the freedom of Ukraine as well as our freedom will be high. Perhaps all Europe will need to tighten their belts. But please keep in mind that the freedom is much more important and one must not give way to evil. So, support Ukraine and her brave people, please.
Sadly, and just becuase of insanity of one lunatic individual, our editorial may seem more like political information. However, Special Hobby is a model-making company and all we want is to keep making models never mind the outside situation. This month being no exception, of course. Everything goes on smoothly here. The 1/48 AH-1G Cobra is going to become one of the flagships in the Special Hobby range of kits and this month will see its premiere. We do believe the modellers will like the model, we have done our best to reach the latest standards both in the realistic levels of surface detail and in the straightforward and easy assembly. The second release for this March will be the 1/72 Junkers Ju 87D-5 Stuka, model no.SH72448. This is the first of several future limited releases based on the exceptional Academy Ju 87G kit. Our team have designed and injection moulded an extra sprue with conversion as well as correction parts, which when accompanied by a fret of etches are going to turn the Academy styrene parts into a couple of various Junkers Ju 87 versions, from the D-1 through to the D-8. The other two kits I am going to mention now are not insignificant either. The Sunderland Mk.I/II and the Messerschmitt Bf 109E-7 trop simply belong to the iconic WW2 models. Our regular monthly range of kits and accessory cannot fail to offer pre-cut masks, too, this time aptly for the AH-1G Cobra and the Junkers Ju 87D-5 Stuka kits.
From our resin cast products, let me point out the 1/72 Mosquito sets for the Airfix kit and the all-resin 1/72 Zetor 25 tractor – the military version  now. Our team have also finished a few new 3D sets in 1/35. A real gem is the Luftschutz helmet, a pair of which can be found in the set, joined by etches and a decal sheet. 
Among the new kits due for this April release, let me draw your attention to the limited release of the 1/35 Panhard 178B. The styrene parts of the kit originate in  ICM’s kit and are joined now by a huge amount of resin cast conversion parts, turned metal barrel and a fret of etches. And the new set of modelling tool will be no less interesting, believe me.

V.P.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03 & 04

Newsletter April 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/04/news-from-special-hobby-042022.html

news22-04-horizont-1.png

Unfortunately, at the beginning of the March newsletter, I had to write about Putin´s unjustified attack on Ukraine, an independent and free state, under the grotesque pretext of denazification and demilitarization, and had started a war. A war waged by the Russians with brutality that exceeds human understanding. The massacre in Bucha, shelling of Mariupol, Kherson, Kharkov and Kyiv and the entire Russian invasion of Ukraine created a huge gap between the people of the two nations, a gap no-one will be able to get over. It has singled out Putin-led Russia from the civilized world. And yet, not only Ukrainians are the victim of the war, decent Russians are victims as well, those who have to live under the dictatorial regime which itself starts to resemble more than anything else cruel Nazi dictatorship. We must not give in to evil, the freedom of Ukraine is also our freedom. We, people living in Europe will have to tighten our belts we  definitely will lose some of our comfort – for the very reason that Europe must rid of its reliance on resources and raw materials coming from the state which leaders lie to the face of the world and threaten all with their nukes. But compared to what Ukrainians have to live in now, it will definitelly still be a luxury. We have no other option than to continue our help and support Ukraine to defend its freedom. We at Special Hobby do not just talk, we also act – a week long event was prepared to raise some funds and with the help from our customers, we were able to hand over about EUR 5,500 to the Embassy of Ukraine. That was certainly not a last event to support the just cause. We would like to thank each and every customer who has contributed to that effort, and simply to all those who show their support to the people of Ukraine.
   One of the models presented in this Newsletter closely relates to Ukraine – the limited release of he 1/35 SA35009 Panhard 178B model is based on the model produced by Ukrainian ICM and comes now with a wealth of resin conversion parts, turned metal barrel and a fret of etches. The quarterscale AJ-37 Viggen is re-released in a new guise and the 1/72 Meteor F.8/FR.9 in the colours of Middle East air forces is no doubt an attractive-looking model too. 
 So, what new products you can start looking for now? Many modellers will no doubt appreciate the new type of razor saw handle along with two new types of blades The one with triangular shape will be significant help in hard-to-reach areas while the so called multi shift type will allow cuts with variable depth. You can of course get a set combining the new handle with the new blades, it is called the Razor Saw Profi Set, but the saw can be obtained separately too. 
  Of all the new resin sets, let me point out the pilot and gunner figures set for Junkers Ju 87D/G kits and accessories for the 1/72 Airfix Wellington Mk.II model. As for the upcoming releases, the L-4 Grasshopper can be expected quite soon as well as the 1/48 Siebel Si 204E bomber type. In the 1/72 scale, we are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of the ‘Blue Bird on a Long Flight over Europe, Africa and Asia’ which depicts the Aero A-11, the first aeroplane of Czechoslovak origin to fly over all those continets during the 1926 long-distance circular flight. The still very popular twin-seat 1/72 Mirage F.1B will also see the re-release. Of the resin cast sets or the 3D-printed items, let me mention the 1/35 Javelin and NLAW 3D-printed missiles. Yes the very missiles now being used by the Ukrainian military fighting off Putin aggression. And these missiles sets will get an addition soon in the shape of a few troops figures. In the pipeline, we also have a few undercarriage wheels and a pilots seat for the new 1/72 IGB Fw 190D kits. O do hope you are pleased with the announced offer and we are looking forward to seing your response in the amount of your new orders.

V.P.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

Brothers, thank you for true words. And for doing, not only speaking. 

It will be for me  great pleasure buying early Short Sunderland model of your company.

Regards,

Michał

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04 & 05

Newsletter May 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/05/news-from-special-hobby-052022.html

news22-05-horizont-1.png

The month of May is traditionally associated with the end of the Second World War in Europe seventy-seven years ago. We will remind you about May 1945 with the help of our SA72027 Captured Sd.Kfz.250 model which in his decal sheet offers a vehicle of Prague insurgent troops alongside with vehicles captured by the US and Polish armies. The crew of the Czech vehicle fought in various locations in Prague for several days during the May 1945 Prague Uprising, only to get killed, save for only one man, by fire from an enemy armoured vehicle. Yes even the winners can be defeated, and we should keep it in mind, especially these days. 
   Originally, we wanted to commemorate the war’s end by the release of the 1/48 L-4 Grasshopper kit. I am so very to have to postpone this release at least until June as we still need to tackle a few minor issues. Do not despair though, May edition of our newsletter does have a WW2-related models for you, too, the most important of them being the quarterscale Siebel Si 204E, now featuring the night bomber and bomber-trainer version which is associated which Czechoslovakia in a couple of respects – the few of this airframe which were operated by Germans were in actual fact used to supress the Slovak National Uprising, and in the post-war years, the Siebel Si 204E type, now known as the Aero C-3B, became the backbone of the Czechoslovak Air Force until the arrival of jet-propelled bomber types.
   Then we have the re-release of the 1/72 scale SH72406 Piaggio P.106B. When first re-released last year, the whole edition got sold out in only a couple of months. So we may assume now it is going to happen again. It would make us very happy indeed to have many more such successful models and sets in our range. Let´s hope some of this May’s sets or models become such an item. And among the sets and models I need to point out now and which I am sure will sell like those hot cakes are the 1/32 scale M35 Armament Subsystem Upgrade Set for AH-1G Cobra, the 72nd Beaufighter Mk.II Late Type Conversion set or a trio of sets designed for the 1/72 Fw 190D  made by IBG kits.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 & 06

Newsletter June 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/06/news-from-special-hobby-062022.html

news22-06-horizont.png

In the June edition of Special Hobby newsletter we are bringing you one quarterscale model plus three in 1/72 scale. The former one is the re-release of the AF-3S Guardian, the three latter ones then the very much sought after two-place Mirage F.1B, the quite unorhodox-looking Swedish SAAB J-21 fighter and a brand new release of the night Stuka variety, the Ju 87 D-5N. In the previous newsletter, we mentioned that the 1/48 L-4 Grasshopper would be released in June. We are very sorry but you will have to be patient a tiny bit more, this model has been re-scheduled to the month of July. We mentioned a few minor issues needed some fixing, and they still do. 

Among the many resin cast or 3D-printed sets or models we release each month, you can find now excellent accessory for the already mentioned Stuka, the pilot’s seat and MG81 rear twin machine gun are made by direct 3D print. Printed weapons can be also found in the excellent set portraying a contemporary Unkrainian troop – tank hunter. And the other resin sets for this month such as the 1/72 Mosquito crew figures or the 1/35 Laffly V51T artillery tractor resin cast wheels are product worth your attention, too. 

The months of the coming summer will see the release of the already mentioned 1/48 L-4 Grasshopper, 1/32 AH-1G Cobra ‘US Marines/Navy‘ in the Hi-Tech format and those who prefer the 1/48 scale will no doubt be pleased by the release of a Hi-Tech edition of the same chopper, but wearing schemes of Vietnam-based US.Army machines. The range of our 1/48 scale kits will get even wider by the addition of such beauties as the Avro Anson, Regianne Re.2000GA/Serie III or the Bugatti 100 Racer. In 1/72, let us tempt you by the news of the coming USAAF and US Navy Texan trainers and the limited edition of the Czechoslovak Aero A-11 biplane. The first boxing of this bird will cover only one scheme, though highly interesting one as this aircraft, bearing registration L-BUCD, was used by the crew of S/L V.Stanovsky and his mechanic for their long distance record flight around 23 European countries which also led them over Africa and Asia Minor. And among the upcoming sets we can also mention the accessory for the L-4 Grasshopper set, a Finnish fighter ace pilot with his mechanic in 1/72 or a pair of 3D printed anti-tank weapons - the FGM-148 Javelin Anti-Tank Missle and the NLAW Anti-Tank Missile, both in 1/35. 

V.P.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 & 07

Newsletter July 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/07/news-from-special-hobby-072022.html

unnamed.png

Even in the July, summer time edition of the Special Hobby Newsletter, we simply have to reflect on the Putin aggression against Ukraine and so we are introducing several more anti-tank weapons into our range, namely the 3D-printed, 1/35 scale FGM-148 Javelin Anti-Tank Missile and NLAW Anti-Tank Missile kits. We do believe they will sell like hot cakes, modellers are obviously following the conflict in Ukraine. The Ukrainian NLAW-armed Tank Hunter figure announced a month ago in the June edition sold as fast as no other of our 1/35 figures. 

Among the July models now you are going to find the delayed 1/72 Junkers Ju 87D-5/N Stuka and 1/48 L-4 Grasshopper as well as the 1/32 Hi-Tech AH-1G Cobra in the US Marines and Navy guise and the quarterscale Reggiane Re.2000GA/Serie III.  The resin sets to get available this month cover the L-4 Grasshopper wheel set (for which model the pre-cut masks are already on the shop shelves and the detail engine set is being prepared), then the 1/48 Beaufighter and B-25 Mitchell wheel sets and the final, fourth set designed for the CL-13 in the same scale, plus a figures set portraying a 1/72 Finnish pilot with a mechanic. 

Unless something unexpected happens, we believe we are going to meet many of our customers and friends, not just those from the States, at the IPMS Omaha at the end of July. We have not seen them for almost three years now so we are really very much looking forward to meeting with them in person there. In the US, we are going to showcase our upcoming models, too, those which as we believe will hit the market in the second half of 2022. These will be the 1/48 scale SH48219 Bugatti 100 Racer, SH48217 Aero C-3B (the Czechoslovak version of the Siebel Si 204E), SH48200 NC.701 Martinet (which was the French version of the Si 204B with domestic engines and propellers), the improved release of the SH48210 Heinkel He 177 Greif with some new parts. In 1/32 scale, we are most likely going to have just one new model for this Autumn, the SH32083 Fiat G.50B Bicomando. The 1/72 scale will see the release of the long-expected Mirage IIIC, SH72450 AT-6C/D & SNJ-3/3C Texan ‘Training to Win’ – a limited release of the Texan covering USAAF and US/Navy/Marines schemes as flown during WW2 and a few more reeditions of some of our quite successful models. So, what else to say, we believe you have a wonderful Autumn ahead of you filled with plenty of models produced by us for you.

V.P.

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to Special Hobby (SH) newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 & 08

Newsletter August 2022

https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/08/news-from-special-hobby-082022.html

unnamed.png

The summer is in full swing now as is the heat wave, and not just here in the very heart of Europe. And even though it might be considered the right time for family vacations which also enjoy our employees, we have managed to amass our usual monthly offer of wonderful new items for you. And in addition to preparing these, our team have also taken part in the Omaha IPMS USA. It gave us enormous pleasure to have once again been able to meet up with our business partners and customers. It has become clear that our models are still well liked amongst the modellers and they keep showing great interest in them. 

I do believe that our August new items will be equally well received. So what is going to attract you this month? Let me whet your appetite a bit before we descibe the models in full below. Would you fancy a 1/72 Texan, kit SH72450 AT-6C/D & SNJ-3/3C Texan ‘Training to Win’, or a detail parts-crammed 1/48 Cobra, kit SH48230 AH-1G Cobra ‘Over Vietnam with M-35 Gun System’ Hi-Tech Kit, or a re-released 1/72 navalized Fouga Magister, the SH72323 Fouga CM-175 Zéphyr? You will surely also like all the various resin cast or 3D printed detail sets. 

In September, which is not that long away now, we are going to premiere the eagerly awaited 1/72 SH72352 Mirage III kit and a pair of models with strong connections to our country, once known as Czechoslovakia, and these are the 1/48 scale Aero C-3B (Siebel Si 204E) and the Aero Ab-11 know for its flight around Europe which took it also to Africa and Asia Minor. The range of detail sets will receive new items in the form of the 1/48 engine for the L-4 Grasshopper kit (the new one from Special Hobby), a pair of trully excellent figures portraying standing pilots and finally the Panzerfaust 3 as currently used in Ukraine. The latter item belongs to our ever increasing range of 3D printed products.

V.P.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:57 AM, mr.T said:

....And when will a 1/32 Hawker Sea Fury be announced :)😀😀 

(I keep hoping)

I was paying for my purchases at the Special Hobby stand at IPMS USA Nats when a guy walked up and asked the Special Hobby rep if they were still doing the Sea Fury.  He said yes, but that it was still being developed and was still a ways off from release.

• Like 2

Take everything what SH says with more than a grain of salt, unfortunately they are pioneers of term " cornering the market", number of announcements far outweights number of released kits, with 1/3 never being tooled, rest taking in some cases almost a decade.

• Like 2