A02025V Beagle Basset 206
A02043V F-80C Shooting Star
A02056V Westland Whirlwind Helicopter
A02099V Commonwealth CA-13 Boomerang
A03017V de Havilland Beaver
A03202V HMS Devonshire
A03205V HMS Fearless
A18001V Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1

Interesting the Beagle Basset is in ther as I thought (like last years Jetstream) this was one of those kits issued in a limited edition a few years ago with Airfix indicating it would be the last release.

The Harrier GR1 through me as the image on the web-site is that of the 1:72nd version so I was somewhat surprised to see the price at £94.

• Like 1

The F-80  really is a 'Vintage Classic' worthy of the name,  even now it's neatly done, with petite raised panel lines.   I've heard grumbles about the canopy, but that's about it,   and it has been mentioned on here as good candidate for the treatment, even in the latest 2022 rumourmonger thread.

As an aside, there was an interesting article in Airfix magazine around 1976, which has photos of the original 'saggin dragon'  and AFAIK,  the very dark blue nose and art on only starboard  side is correct, 

see

https://static.thisdayinaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/tdia//2017/11/F-80-51stfg-16thfbs-jato.jpg

EDIT the link shows a F-80 from the same unit, not Saggin' Dragon, but was to shows the dark blue used,  in contrast to other sources that show a bright mid blue.

EDIT - which Airfix used in the 1983 issue.

188524-80245-43-pristine.jpg

I built the kit in 1975, and still have the remains, the decals were dark blue, as does the same boxing I picked up a few years ago.

130415-10189-pristine.jpg

neat build here

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Delighted to see HMS Devonshire is to be re-released, some childhood nostalgia there because the County class destroyers just looked so cool to this young child and who can forget the oddly named Seaslug missile? I suspect that HMS Fearless might be a purchase as well. Thank you Airfix.

Michael

• Like 1

Well, having built both of them, I much prefer the Airfix F-80 to the much more recent Sword one. For one thing, it fits. I might have been tempted by the noticeably underscale Whirlwind but at £10.99, probably not.  The Fiat G.50 really (I mean, really) needs a replacement cowling and engine, available for £13.99 which is the same price as the new AML G.50 kits.

The Whirlwind, F-80, and Beaver will almost certainly find their way into my stash, but the list is otherwise a bit underwhelming given all the other subjects they had to choose from. No Bond Bug for example, and I need the Morris Marina kit so I can drop a 1/32 scale piano on it.

• Haha 3

Beaver, Basset and Boomerang all okay with me. Already have an original boxing of the Beaver and another in a later box showing the US army one on floats . 

The reissues of the long nose Blenheim pleases me I was kind of hoping it would come back. And the Swordfish is good to see again as to a number of the other newer toolings coming back.

The 48th Anson could end up in my stash but not fussed by the rest. The Bucc will need  mortgage  to fund it!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I need the Morris Marina kit so I can drop a 1/32 scale piano on it.

There was a rumour some years ago that the Marina tooling had been stored poorly in the 1980s and had rusted to the point that restoration would cost more than the then owners of Airfix thought they could raise from reissuing it.

19 minutes ago, Paul J said:

The Bucc will need  mortgage  to fund it!

Without VAT and with the 10% club discount the Bucc is £54.37, which seems eminently reasonable. Order 4 and shipping to the USA is free as well.

1 minute ago, Richard Humm said:

There was a rumour some years ago that the Marina tooling had been stored poorly in the 1980s and had rusted to the point that restoration would cost more than the then owners of Airfix thought they could raise from reissuing it.

So the tooling suffered the same fate as most of the real ones then. Seems fitting 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, Ghostbase said:

Delighted to see HMS Devonshire is to be re-released, some childhood nostalgia there because the County class destroyers just looked so cool to this young child and who can forget the oddly named Seaslug missile? I suspect that HMS Fearless might be a purchase as well. Thank you Airfix.

Michael

Surprised they haven’t considered Leander and Amazon also for the Falklands Conflict anniversary 

Mike

• Like 3

The Basset gets a big thumbs-up from me, and I might get a Type 97, but I'm otherwise underwhelmed by this year's offering of Vintage Classics. Was hoping for the SA Bulldog and Chippie to get a release. 

Edited by Aww94
Typo

1 hour ago, Richard Humm said:

Just like the real thing then :fool:

• Haha 1

Anyone able to confirm the parts count in the previous issue of the Whirlwind? The 2022 info gives a part count of 55 but none of the online data gives more than 49 or so.Are they including the parts for the wheel flotation bags from the HAR issue?

Peter

I have a pile of old RotorCraft Whirlwind HAS.22 decals left, glad I didn't bin them when I was tidying the other day. They might be in demand again.

I'm pleased about the Basset, the company I work for had a fleet of them back in the day, for use for training and as air taxis.

Colin

• Like 4

The Beaver is a sure buy for me, excellent news!

3 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

That would be the Basset mould that was going to be retired after the Kitstarter release (of which I have four). Oh well, at least the decal sheet will be decent on the new one

I saw it and immediately wondered how Kitstarter supporters would react to the news.

• Like 2