Airfix 1/72 Fiat G50

IanC

• IanC changed the title to Airfix 1/72 Fiat G50

Yes, the old one. And one of the first kits I built all by myself, half a century ago.

So I'm looking forward to revisiting it, wrong number of cylinders or not.. 😉

• Like 2

Another potential nostalgia build for me. I've already got three G.50s, but one is in a blister pack and the other two in very minty 70s boxes so they sit firmly in the collection. Not the first kit I built by far, but one for some reason that captured my imagination. I always liked the box art for this one too. So, I'm pleased to see this Vintage Classics re-release. At the very least, it means a good set of decals and the chance to do a better job than I did in 1982. Well. Maybe. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Another potential nostalgia build for me. I've already got three G.50s, but one is in a blister pack and the other two in very minty 70s boxes so they sit firmly in the collection. Not the first kit I built by far, but one for some reason that captured my imagination. I always liked the box art for this one too. So, I'm pleased to see this Vintage Classics re-release. At the very least, it means a good set of decals and the chance to do a better job than I did in 1982. Well. Maybe. 

Indeed. A nice reproduction of the box art and decals you can use. I've long wanted a blister pack one in good condition but they're rare on Ebay and when one's turned up, the price has always been a bit too steep. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Was hoping for a new kit when I read the title of the thread but then saw it's the old one, a mix of variants with shapes all over the place, anemic cowling and an engine with the wrong number of cylinders... at least it's cheap...

What's wrong with the cylinders? 12? 16? 10?

IIRC (I built it 50 years ago) there was a decent 14-cylinder radial, only the diameter was way too small.

Cheers

Michael