1/48 - Avro Anson Mk.I by Airfix - released

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

Got plastic!

The molding is easily the finest I've seen from Airfix.

The wing ripples are not as prominent as seen in promotion photos.

The wing panel lines, radiator etc. are incredibly fine.

Interestingly the rigging diagram indicates to use rigging/thread to represent actuator rods for the aeleron, elevator and trim tabs.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, Elias said:

Hello to all!

Does anybody know if the kit is available outside the UK?

Can't find it in a EU mail order. 

I got mine delivered to Sweden, ordered from Amazon.UK. (not Amazon.se)

But it was very badly packaged using just one piece of cardboard half the size of the kit box, and only wrapped in a plastic bag!

Obviously the box was completely crushed. Beware!

The plastic seems to have survived.

Note: if you have an account at a different Amazon branch (example Amazon.se or Amazon.de) you might need to open a totally separate new Amazon.UK account using a different email address, otherwise your account details get mixed/corrupted, and you may not get any confirmation of sale etc. sent to your email. I know this from experience!

(It will allow you to set up a UK account using your usual Amazon email address, but don't  do it! Use a different email address)

Edited by New Tool
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, New Tool said:

I got mine delivered to Sweden, ordered from Amazon.UK. (not Amazon.se)

But it was very badly packaged using just one piece of cardboard half the size of the kit box, and only wrapped in a plastic bag!

Obviously the box was completely crushed. Beware!

The plastic seems to have survived.

Note: if you have an account at a different Amazon branch (example Amazon.se or Amazon.de) you might need to open a totally separate new Amazon.UK account using a different email address, otherwise your account details get mixed/corrupted, and you may not get any confirmation of sale etc. sent to your email. I know this from experience!

(It will allow you to set up a UK account using your usual Amazon email address, but don't  do it! Use a different email address)

So, note to self, don't order from Amazon. Check. ✔️

2 hours ago, flarpen said:

So, note to self, don't order from Amazon. Check. ✔️

Not Amazon's fault I think, but the seller, Rarewaves. I had assumed I was ordering from Airfix via Amazon ( they have a link to the full Airfix shop, so I assumed a connection) ... but the seller was given as Rarewaves. Are they the same?

There are several different sellers of the same product on Amazon. I don't recommend Rarewaves (review pending).

I'll try directly from Airfix next time. I think they ship abroad.

Edited by New Tool

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

LF Models has released in 1/48 scale Camouflage Masks for A and B pattern plus decals for Yugoslav, Greek, Finnish and Portuguese Ansons.

Unfortunately the "Anson Over Portugal" decals lack the wing serial numbers for the later Air Force Anson.

f342c3234b81161c41af61f1a732368e.png  

• Like 2

Xtradecal released a set (part #3) of overseas Ansons which contains markings for a Greek AF aircraft. Unfortunately it lacks the underwing roundels 🙄

Wish that Xtradecal will correct it.

Edited by Elias
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1