1/48 - Avro Anson Mk.I by Airfix - released

Homebee

Looks like a version with out the turret can be made.   That means to me a Navy one. :clap:

Dick

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Calum said:

It does look a step up in tooling quality from even last year products. 

I agree from what we can see here. Interesting that they have made the cowling bulges separate to accommodate the engine cylinder heads, might be a fiddle to fit though...

The fuselage roof without the turret opens up a host of options and pleased to see they have included it here and not left it for a second release.

Mike

• Like 2

Is it me or does that plastic seem reminiscent of the darker plastic Airfix had on the few kits they put out that were moulded in the UK? It was much less soft than the moulds done in India.

Looks very nice but then a lot of things do look nice on the sprue :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wezra said:

Is it me or does that plastic seem reminiscent of the darker plastic Airfix had on the few kits they put out that were moulded in the UK? It was much less soft than the moulds done in India.

Looks very nice but then a lot of things do look nice on the sprue :)

I've seen a video recently (don't find the link any more 😡), where there was stated that they used a less soft plastic for the Anson test shots, indeed!

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Elias said:

Xtradecal announced a 4 part decal sheet,including a Greek Anson.

Unfortunately they omitted the underwing roundels of it.

Hi Elias,

in 1/48, it won't be that hard to replicate them (I guess with Humbrol 47).

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shalako said:

Hi Elias,

in 1/48, it won't be that hard to replicate them (I guess with Humbrol 47).

Cheers,

Bill

I mainly use Tamiya X-4 or Xtracolor RAF Roundel Blue.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 6:22 PM, Elias said:

Xtradecal announced a 4 part decal sheet,including a Greek Anson.

Unfortunately they omitted the underwing roundels of it.

Sadly Xtradecal seem to make these errors frequently. Hopefully they will add a small add-on with the missing items.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is an interesting discussion on Hyperscale about the wing texture. A little hype and outrage but mostly a civilised discussion.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/airfix-1-48-anson-s-wing-stuff-up-t533656-s20.html

I can see what Airfix are trying to do, but, just from looking at the sprue shots, it seems a little overdone.

However (1) it's hard to make a real judgement until one sees the actual plastic (2) even then, it may look fine when painted (3) if you really don't like it then it should be easy to tone down a bit. I have seen @NAVY870 's Anson and the NAHC one, and, while they are neither completely smooth, they don't look as dished/oilcanned/depressed as photos of the Airfix sprues show. Of course the former is pretty old and the latter is very new.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

There is an interesting discussion on Hyperscale about the wing texture. A little hype and outrage but mostly a civilised discussion.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/airfix-1-48-anson-s-wing-stuff-up-t533656-s20.html

I can see what Airfix are trying to do, but, just from looking at the sprue shots, it seems a little overdone.

However (1) it's hard to make a real judgement until one sees the actual plastic (2) even then, it may look fine when painted (3) if you really don't like it then it should be easy to tone down a bit. I have seen @NAVY870 's Anson and the NAHC one, and, while they are neither completely smooth, they don't look as dished/oilcanned/depressed as photos of the Airfix sprues show. Of course the former is pretty old and the latter is very new.

I haven’t looked at the Hyperscale debate but at least it looks more subtle than the Special Hobby/Classic Airframes lattice pie affect on their wings.

Mike