1/48 - Avro Anson Mk.I by Airfix - released

Homebee

Does anyone know what prompted the change of windscreen from flatter type to the more upright version and why this change didn't result in a new Mark number/designation being used? It's just a bit confusing to me to have Mk1's with such a very obvious difference in appearance.

Regards

Colin.

• Like 1

From the You Tube vision posted by Ray also looks like two different cowlings in the kit.

Love the RAAF scheme, but from Ed’s posts this looks to be a bit of a myth - hopefully it’s not too late for Airfix to amend it.

Edited by Peter Roberts

1 hour ago, Peter Roberts said:

From the You Tube vision posted by Ray also looks like two different cowlings in the kit.

Love the RAAF scheme, but from Ed’s posts this looks to be a bit of a myth - hopefully it’s not too late for Airfix to amend it.

its only the codes that are wrong thought to be normal grey rather than red. (red roo have done it in the right colours)

• Like 2

I'm still confused about the windscreen change and why a new mark number wasn't issued as the nose had to be significantly modified to accommodate the flatter version, which I presume is catered for in the kit by having a choice of panels directly ahead of the windscreen (as the mock ups seem to suggest).

Regards

Colin

9 hours ago, oz rb fan said:

its only the codes that are wrong thought to be normal grey rather than red. (red roo have done it in the right colours)

And the camouflage according to Ed so incorrect on many levels.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 9:45 AM, fishplanebeer said:

I'm still confused about the windscreen change and why a new mark number wasn't issued as the nose had to be significantly modified to accommodate the flatter version, which I presume is catered for in the kit by having a choice of panels directly ahead of the windscreen (as the mock ups seem to suggest).

Regards

Colin

Possibly they brought the screen closer to the pilot to reduce reflection and glare issues. I believe this was a problem with the Blenheim Mk I. 

That's just a guess though. I may be way off!

• Thanks 1

Just a thought.

In the CA kit there was a replacement part to remove the turret and have a smooth section in this area so that subjects like FAA training Anson's could be made. Will Airfix supply this for future boxings??

Dick

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 9:08 PM, fishplanebeer said:

Does anyone know what prompted the change of windscreen from flatter type to the more upright version and why this change didn't result in a new Mark number/designation being used? It's just a bit confusing to me to have Mk1's with such a very obvious difference in appearance.

Regards

Colin.

Here is all I can find about the reason  for the windscreen change:

"The sloping windscreen was found to leak badly in wet weather and this was altered to a more upright configuration."

From 'Warpaint series 53 Avro Ansons Mks 1-22'.

Edited by New Tool
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jenko said:

Just a thought.

In the CA kit there was a replacement part to remove the turret and have a smooth section in this area so that subjects like FAA training Anson's could be made. Will Airfix supply this for future boxings??

Dick

Is it just a case of blanking off the turret hole and blending in to the upper fuselage, or is the upper profile different for these aircraft?

1 hour ago, Peter Roberts said:

Is it just a case of blanking off the turret hole and blending in to the upper fuselage, or is the upper profile different for these aircraft?

To the best of my knowledge ....Yes. Just blanking off. Inside might be different.

Dick

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

More renders

Source: https://www.facebook.com/officialairfix/posts/10159631551641271

The "dark-horse" of 2022, the Avro Anson Mk.I!

Extremely detailed, this 48th scale newly tooled kit is very near completion. Have you pre-ordered yours yet?

Skill Level 3 | Parts 175 | Scheme Options 3

Find out more here: https://uk.airfix.com/products/avro-anson-mki-a09191 or check with your local stockist

273398630-10159631550021271-234837667163

273050370-10159631550016271-619153227736

273013370-10159631550036271-504743455876

V.P.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I hope that Airfix includes the fairing used when the turret was not fitted - many training aircraft seem to have operated that way, and it makes the task of converting the kit to a civilian variant that much easier!

• Like 5

On 21/01/2022 at 09:45, fishplanebeer said:

Regards

Colin

Because the way it works in the British system is that a mark change is associated with a major change in performance/capability.  A mark change could occur when an internal equipment upgrade has occurred which changes how the aircraft is used or its effectiveness in its current role, it may have no impact upon the external appearance of the aircraft.  A change like the windscreen is a modification, it doesn't really alter the fundamentals of the aircraft, it's just an improvement, hence no mark change.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:19 PM, stever219 said:

Don’t you have a first-born or kidney that you could sell?  Or an SWMBO?🤣🤣

Hi

kidneys to old to sell 

need first born to look after me in a few years time😂

and swmbo left for greener pastures years ago 👍

which means i have a hobby budget again, but only enough for one airfix anson 

cheers 

jerry 

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Avro Anson Mk.I by Airfix - 3D renders+schemes+box art - release Autumn 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Avro Anson Mk.I by Airfix - 3D renders+schemes+box art+sprues+test build - release Autumn 2022