Afghanistan all the British Collection

21 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Blimey thats an impressive collection - well done!  TT

20 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Wow! You have been busy. You didn't just knock this up over the Christmas break. Nice work Laurie. John

15 hours ago, Alex Gordon said:

That has just taken my breath away. :goodjob: :thumbsup: :speak_cool:.

Thanks to TT John & Alex. Very nice of you to comment much appreciated.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well yes, this is a tad bit impressive. What scale are we in (curiosity)? Great work on the weathering and scenics for such a large set, makes it look like a believable base of operations.

On 11/03/2022 at 15:48, MRMRL said:

Well yes, this is a tad bit impressive. What scale are we in (curiosity)? Great work on the weathering and scenics for such a large set, makes it look like a believable base of operations.

Thanks for your comments. Scale 1/48

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Those are wonderful Laurie, even in 1/48 ;) :D  That is a great line up so much going on in there too, had to keep going back to see what I'd missed. :) 

Steve.

35 minutes ago, roginoz said:

Excellent, @LaurieS, that's one fantastic bit of work !!

I think the sign under the poppies [Jaguar photo] sums up what someone thinks of your efforts, and I must heartily concur !!

Rog

Thanks Steve & Rog. Very nice to have your comments.

It was a lovely way to build as your are building a collection. The Afghanistan House (spent 50 years in Architecture) was pure enjoyment.

Free as a bird build as you like.

Just love diorama as they tell stories. 2/3rds thro Jersey Airport al la 1960. Pauline & I arrived here from Surrey in 1962. Majority of the aircraft we have flown in.

Have a nice day.

Laurie

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Laurie, just checking in with you, and I tracked you down on this thread. You like thematic collections....! 😍

It's only that I finally got my hands on an Airfix BN Islander, after some searching and patience. I got an example at the Poole Vikings show today. Checked in on your Jersey diorama build and the Islander was coming on nicely but the WIP petered out before completion. I guess it's finished, done and dusted long ago!? 

I was planning on a Scillies Skybus version, but I have to say that the kit decals - for Aurigny -? - looks very appealing. Wondered how you got on with them.... Regards 

10 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Hi Laurie, just checking in with you, and I tracked you down on this thread. You like thematic collections....! 😍

It's only that I finally got my hands on an Airfix BN Islander, after some searching and patience. I got an example at the Poole Vikings show today. Checked in on your Jersey diorama build and the Islander was coming on nicely but the WIP petered out before completion. I guess it's finished, done and dusted long ago!? 

I was planning on a Scillies Skybus version, but I have to say that the kit decals - for Aurigny -? - looks very appealing. Wondered how you got on with them.... Regards 

Hi Rob

Well not a good time then I had cellulitis followed by psoriasis then Gall bladder removal.

The only good thing told I had a heart of a 73 year old at the age of 83. May it continue

Any way fit now. Seem to have missed the final presentation which I will add.

Let me know where you are on Brit with it as I would like to follow. Nice kit & no problems from memory.

This was except trying wrap black thin lines around the nose & sides.  Luckily I had some sheets of black

white red etc of just lines of decals so managed to cut & fit.

The yellow of the Aurigny certainly stands out on the diorama.

Nice to chat.

Laurie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/03/2022 at 09:50, SteveMc said:

Wow. Just found this Laurie. Great builds and a terrific collection.

Hi Steve missed your reply. Thanks very nice of you.

Laurie