Close but no cigar Part 1 - HMS Victory (Less than a Tenner GB entry) ##FINISHED##

nimrod54

Having completed the last of my entries for 2021 GB;s yesterday I decided it was time to wrap up a couple of builds that came close but didn't quite make it over the finish line. First up is this Starter Set kit of HMS Victory, the hull and masts had been painted and needed some neatening up to finish them off. I was painting the sails but wasn't happy with how that was going so decided to leave them alone and revisit things at at later date. This is the state of play as of this morning.

Hull and Masts

51811232932_45efcc088a_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

51812190746_02c54012fd_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Sails.

51812190801_29c941b228_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

I am hoping that a quick repaint of a linen colour on the sails should see this one finished.

• Like 5

I have spent the past few days painting up the sails and they have been fixed in place. There are a couple of spars to make for spritsails and a mast for the White Ensign because the kit item is undersize, once they are done I can finish this one off.

51822621743_9cb1e71148_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 4

After knocking up the spars and mast this morning, I fixed them in place. I had printed a copy of the decal sheet earlier and used the paper version of the flags for the masts except for the White Ensign. I thought that the kit supplied item would look to small so printed a larger version and glued that in place. Having noticed that the model had a tendency to topple over easily when positioned on the stand it was glued in position with canopy glue, and that was it for this one. I'll take a couple of photos for the gallery later.

51824695029_48f53bc262_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

51823407787_c25bd3bf08_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Here is one of the final shots, there are more over in the gallery.

51825321535_6b8d68fbb3_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 4

• nimrod54 changed the title to Close but no cigar Part 1 - HMS Victory (Less than a Tenner GB entry) ##FINISHED##