1/32 - Nakajima B5N "Kate" resin kit with some injected parts by Infinity Models/HpH - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Nakajima B5N "Kate" by Infinity Models - box art - release in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Nakajima B5N "Kate" by Infinity Models - box art - release in 2023
  • 1 month later...

Don't get me wrong,  the art is beautiful but for a painting on the wall. Not! for the kit, they should follow the Eduard steps for attractive,  punching box arts, whatever they are digital or not. They are alive and good and easier to sell. Contact the Antonis Karidis, Piotr even the V.Aulleta.

This kit is on my list anyway. But Infinity should take my note seriously.  I am working in marketing departments for two companies, that are making tv commercials etc. 

Special Hobby, same mistakes all over again, they started now with much better boxes!

Ps: I am not rude, this is my opinion that is constructive and will help. 

Edited by Missick
Mistake...
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have the Val it just arrived, very nice model. Now when is the Kate coming out. I have heard rumours that they are not doing any more big models after the current announced ones?

15 hours ago, RayB24 said:

I have the Val it just arrived, very nice model. Now when is the Kate coming out. I have heard rumours that they are not doing any more big models after the current announced ones?

According to a semi-reliable source, the incomplete tooling for the Kate will be up for sale soon. The Val is their last IM kit.

Whether or not anything comes of it remains to be seen.

For me, the Val and Kate were a pair of must-buys but not so much just one or the other, not so much glass half full as one side of the glass missing if the Kate is kaput.

But I'm warming to buying the Val, unsure if it'll go up in price or be remaindered at a discount.

Tony 

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Nakajima B5N "Kate" by Infinity Models - box art+test parts - release in 2023
3 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Got me excited thinking there had been a reprieve, but it's the Border 1/35 kit...

I get manufacturers producing aircraft in 1/35 where those can be used in diorama settings with vehicles eg Ju87, Me 109, Feisler Storch and FW190 with German vehicles.  I am not so sure about doing a Kate in 1/35.  It wont sit well with either a Zero or a Val in 1/32.  Unless someone is planning a 1/35 Soryu or Akagi perhaps :hmmm::analintruder: 

Maybe we are about to re-visit "box scale" in a modern way?  I cant say its wrong to do it in 1/35 - just that its kind of, well odd.  

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Nakajima B5N "Kate" by Infinity Models - box art - release in 2023 ?
1 hour ago, JohnT said:

I get manufacturers producing aircraft in 1/35 where those can be used in diorama settings with vehicles eg Ju87, Me 109, Feisler Storch and FW190 with German vehicles.  I am not so sure about doing a Kate in 1/35.  It wont sit well with either a Zero or a Val in 1/32.  Unless someone is planning a 1/35 Soryu or Akagi perhaps :hmmm::analintruder: 

Maybe we are about to re-visit "box scale" in a modern way?  I cant say its wrong to do it in 1/35 - just that its kind of, well odd.  

Agreed.

(Sorry if I am derailing the topic...)

I personally find great interest in comparing the sizes of aircraft. i.e. :

'What size was the Ventura compared to the Hudson, Wellington or Ju88?'. 

Having a consistent scale is a way to do this.

But surely the Val and Kate are planned as 1/32 scale, so I dont really understand the 1/35 comments in this thread.

Edited by New Tool
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@New Tool  The scale comments come about as Infiniti Models are dropping their manufacture of injection mould kits so their planned 1/32 Kate is probably not going to ever happen though they are trying to sell what work they have done so far to someone else.  So it might just still see the light of day - very big maybe

On the other hand it seems that another manufacturer - Border Models - just announced a Kate but this time in 1/35 scale which is great other than it wont sit alongside 1/32 Zeros or Infiniti's last model the 1/32 Val.

Edited by JohnT
Fat fingers typed 1/33 not 1/32 on small iPhone keyboard
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 6:31 PM, JohnT said:

On the other hand it seems that another manufacturer - Border Models - just announced a Kate but this time in 1/35 scale which is great other than it wont sit alongside 1/32 Zeros or Infiniti's last model the 1/32 Val.

Who cares? It will have the Akagi ‘island’ to sit alongside 😜

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 3:15 PM, quangster said:

Who cares? It will have the Akagi ‘island’ to sit alongside 😜

With Border models labelling, that Kate could well be another Val...  😆   

I dont get Border models 1/35 adventure, if they as an example had trucks, bowsers etc in 1/35 that would make sense, but how many people are going to wreck a tank or aircraft in 1/35 for dio's.. Of course I could just be miffed at no Kate in 1/32 still. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RayB24 said:

With Border models labelling, that Kate could well be another Val...  😆   

Border may have goofed now and again, notwithstanding their FW190-A6 is the BEST Wurger kit around, all scales included.
If their upcoming Kate is half as good, I know many 1/32 fundamentalists will put their resolution aside and cross the Rubicon. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Nakajima B5N "Kate" resin kit with some injected parts by Infinity Models/HpH - box art+sprues - release in 2023 ?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, NatGeo said:

Read the reviews before you drop $100 to buy this kit.

No need to. It's a 1/32 Kate. It'll be the only game in town for years to come.

• Like 3