PK-127 Twin Otter Maldivian Air Taxi +++FINISHED+++

This looks very tidy around the cockpit area I must admit! And I for one can't see the joint. 

A challenging livery and very attractive, and well done. I feel you may have a few more DHC-6s in the pipeline, maybe more on the floats? 

Here's another reference that may be useful, especially if you want to do a Maldives taxi in it's latest style.... 

IMG_20220503_151812

Plenty of ladders options here! 😀

I've been reading that the whole fleet, the whole business, was in financial ruin due to the covid tourism disaster, and has been bought, refinanced and is rebuilding this year. Fingers crossed 🤞

Anyway, beautiful results on this, Ray, and a classy addition to the Matchbox epic 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 8:20 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Really enjoyed your WIP journey Ray, the Twaxi looks lovely, it is a cracking scheme.  I am disappointed that you didn't use any pie casing though😉 

Great work on this it is a real beauty.

Chris 

Thanks Chris, the pie casing was a close run thing, and if I had tried to make the steps and their back-plates, I would have probably done it with Aluminium foil, a la pie case!

22 hours ago, psdavidson said:

That's an absolute cracker Ray

What a difference the nose-job makes.

/P

Thanks /P. Yes, it does! The upgrade set is incredibly well worth while, and my hope in the future is to do a Twin Otter with all of the different improvements I have done on my kits. I know there is not end of schemes I would like to do!

Ray

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

This looks very tidy around the cockpit area I must admit! And I for one can't see the joint. 

A challenging livery and very attractive, and well done. I feel you may have a few more DHC-6s in the pipeline, maybe more on the floats? 

Here's another reference that may be useful, especially if you want to do a Maldives taxi in it's latest style.... 

IMG_20220503_151812

Plenty of ladders options here! 😀

I've been reading that the whole fleet, the whole business, was in financial ruin due to the covid tourism disaster, and has been bought, refinanced and is rebuilding this year. Fingers crossed 🤞

Anyway, beautiful results on this, Ray, and a classy addition to the Matchbox epic 

Thanks for those very kind comments Rob. That aircraft looks very classy, and it has a long nose too - that might make fitting it to the resin cockpit upgrade a little easier as the long nose is in two halves, so it may be possible to add each half to the resin plug, then worry about filling the gap along the centre line.

Those steps look the biz, and what a wonderful top view you had there, it shows the off-set blade aerial fittings to a tee, like in your link earlier.

There will probably be other Twin Otters in the pipeline. Revell give a couple of great schemes in their kit, I still have a few left from the ModelCraft sheet which are colourful enough, and loads of others are available. And I still have not done one on skis.

1 hour ago, Jeff J said:

Splendid. Utterly splendid.

:clap:

Thanks Jeff for that, very much appreciated!

Ray

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...