Messerschmitt Me 410 EDUARD 'Profipack' (Fine Molds) 1/72 - 2 of 3

After the post on the general construction (https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235097968-messerschmitt-me-410-eduard-‘profipack’-fine-molds-172/&tab=comments#comment-4167868 ), here is the second of the three 'animals', which required some changes in the compartment for photographic equipment, with the addition of an R b50/30 (OWL R72047) and the transformation of that supplied by the kit (horrible) in a Rb 20/30.

The aircraft shown is a Me 410 A-3, belonging to the 3.(F)/122, operating from Perugia (Italy) in April 1944.

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 02

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 09

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 11

The model, totally brushpainted, is in the classic RLM 74/75/76 (mixes of  Humbrol Enamels).

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 22

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 29

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 32

Finally an image of the lower surfaces.

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 40+

Hope you like.
Thanks for viewing.
Criticisms and suggestions welcome.
Giampiero Piva

• Like 56
  • Thanks 5

As always, another truly inspiring paint finish that us airbrushes struggle to achieve.

Did you have any problems with the base kit? The one I built fought me all the way with one fuselage side being slightly shorter than the other and the notorious engine pods not only being too big but not wanting to line up properly to the wing mounts. 

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Another gob-smackingly wonderful model Giampiero and I always stare in wonder at your brush-painting skills. 

Wait a minute, he did it with a brush? Wow!!!😲. Fantastic model, I envy your skills!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Duncan B said:

As always, another truly inspiring paint finish that us airbrushes struggle to achieve.

Did you have any problems with the base kit? The one I built fought me all the way with one fuselage side being slightly shorter than the other and the notorious engine pods not only being too big but not wanting to line up properly to the wing mounts. 

Duncan B

I agree, Duncan, some fit problems to resolve with the engines.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Giampiero Piva said:

After the post on the general construction (https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235097968-messerschmitt-me-410-eduard-‘profipack’-fine-molds-172/&tab=comments#comment-4167868 ), here is the second of the three 'animals', which required some changes in the compartment for photographic equipment, with the addition of an R b50/30 (OWL R72047) and the transformation of that supplied by the kit (horrible) in a Rb 20/30.

The aircraft shown is a Me 410 A-3, belonging to the 3.(F)/122, operating from Perugia (Italy) in April 1944.

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 02

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 09

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 11

The model, totally brushpainted, is in the classic RLM 74/75/76 (mixes of  Humbrol Enamels).

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 22

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 29

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 32

Finally an image of the lower surfaces.

Me410 A-3  'F6+NK' 40+

Hope you like.
Thanks for viewing.
Criticisms and suggestions welcome.
Giampiero Piva

Great, Great, Great

stunning job

ciao Silvano

• Thanks 1

Giampiero, as the others have said, your  brush painting skills are better than we mortals who wield airbrushes; I am amazed at how you are able to do the fuselage mottling, as it looks like it was applied with a very expensive dual action airbrush. The 410 has always been my favorite Luftwaffe twin, and you have nailed the recon version, in my humble opinion! (Are you sure you're not related to @tonyot?)  I can't seem to airbrush Humbrol enamels unless I thin the bejeezus out of them, and you brush paint with the stuff? I'm soooo jealous! How about a Hasegawa Ta-154 Moskito to go with this one?  :worthy:

Mike

Before I forget, your cockpit is incredible! What did you use for the RLM 66, as it looks dead on!

• Thanks 1