PK-83 : SdKfz. 251/1 Hanomag (1976 / 1986) - Finished

Sorry to disappoint you Pat but I didn't think I'd have time to build it in this GB as I'm already down for six builds as it is and I'm not the quickest builder in the world. 

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, TimJ said:

I've got one in the stash waiting for the Armoured car & Half track GB

That was my original plan when I bought this at SMW, but Then I saw nobody was building one here, so rude not to! It’s a lovely kit.

14 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

being built somewhere other than this GB

I’ll keep quiet about my M7 Priest for the Sherman GB then. Oooops!

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Nice subject Adrian.

I have 2 or 3 Fujimi early versions with the sloped sides though I would not mind building one of the later "austerity" versions with the straight sides - Aus D perhaps? Many years ago I built a 1/35 version with infantry and the man jumping over the side instead of out the rear doors was a classic. Sadly, I gave all my large scale armour away to the son of a friend 20 years ago - I sometimes regret that, particularly the 251 and the 88mm gun with SdKfz 9 tractor.

Pete

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeterB said:

251 and the 88mm gun with SdKfz 9 tractor.

Thanks Peter. It went together like a (good) dream and I need to gird my loins to get my vignette idea finished.

Those are iconic Tamiya kits! They are still on sale today, and disturbingly cheap.

Must…. Resist…..

:)

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

It’s been a while… but I’ve made a bit of progress. Here’s a figure (recruited from the Zvezda Soviet ground crew set) who will be cleaning off the winter whitewash with a bucket and a cloth. The stout guy with the bucket from the same set might also make an appearance:

2-B394-BEC-FBCB-460-E-A937-BCD3-C0-DD7-D

• Like 4

All done!

E78-F86-C1-4-D16-4193-9-AC4-52-C83-C802- 9-AB792-E6-A11-B-48-F6-B9-BF-54-B9-BF2-D  

I’m grateful to @IanC for showing off the kit base and figures in his build, which meant that I was free to pursue this vignette idea.

More and better pics in the gallery.

Now, where did I put my second Henschel?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 8